The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2015, 03:04 PM   #1
64nlo

"patina" tip for oxidizing paint

Hey so everybody is always trying to achieve the look of genuine patina. I wanted my firewall to match the rest of the crappy paint job. Anyway, I learned a long time ago that Easy Off Cold works really good to achieve the look. It has a unique reaction with some paints and leaves it a oxidized red color. I think its bad ass, but be careful, I don't want hate mail because you ruined your paint. Try it in a small area and see what happens. The longer you leave it the better the results. Also for you bare metal guys you can use it to speed up the rusting process and if you let it drip it looks natural like the rain caused it. You're welcome.
Attached Images

64nlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:16 PM   #2
Lugnutz65

Re: "patina" tip for oxidizing paint

How about some close up pictures before I get all excited and run out to buy Easy Off? How do we know you don't own an auto body and paint shop in Billings Montana and are just drumming up business by getting us to ruin our paint jobs? Just kidding. Post up some more pics please.

Want to know more about T5 transmissions? My website has a T5 Info Page and a Step by Step T5 rebuild.
Lugnutz65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:19 AM   #3
64nlo

LOLol it's pretty cheap so no worries. I will take a picture tomorrow of a fender that I did. Maybe I could make a video. I think it is just highly acidic that is why it works so fast. The coolest thing I did was spray it on some brand new shocks to make them look aged. it turns light paint a reddish color. Stay tuned. I don't own a body shop I'm in the construction business, but if you've got hail damage on your house I get pretty hungry
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2015, 12:21 AM   #4
64nlo

I can't help but notice that bad ass shifter. Deeeeeeeamn!