The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2015, 04:26 PM   #1
Regraves77

4 Post Lifts

Myself and a few buddys are in the market for a lift for hobby & storage. I have been looking at Tuxedo & Direct lift. We will be purchasing 4 or 5 of them and hope to possibly do a package if it helps pricing.

Any advice or experience would help. We are open to looking at other lifts but prefer 110v & non pneumatic. The air & 220V knocked the Bendpak out for us.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Regraves77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:54 PM   #2
saskman02

Re: 4 Post Lifts

My dad bought a Direct lift this summer for his '67 Pontiac Beaumont, a Canadian version of the Chevelle. Along with a couple of other guys we installed it ourselves; it took 4 of us 4 hours to get it set-up from start to finish. There were no instructions included so we had to refer to a neighbor, who also has a Direct lift, to get the lift cables and safety release cables routed correctly. It took awhile to get it adjusted properly (as the garage floor wasn't perfectly level) so it sat level once the car was on it and each cable had the same amount of tension. And then the cables need to readjusted again once the car was on it for awhile as the cables stretched a bit. My dad loves it, just wishes it was a little faster lifting the car, it's a BBC car so it ain't exactly light. With the caster kit, the entire lift with the car on it, was easily moved tight against the wall for the winter.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:58 PM   #3
72BigBlockBurb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regraves77 View Post
Myself and a few buddys are in the market for a lift for hobby & storage. I have been looking at Tuxedo & Direct lift. We will be purchasing 4 or 5 of them and hope to possibly do a package if it helps pricing.

Any advice or experience would help. We are open to looking at other lifts but prefer 110v & non pneumatic. The air & 220V knocked the Bendpak out for us.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Check out Derek Weaver Lifts. I've got a Pro-Park and a Pro-Park Plus...getting ready to pick up another Plus before the end of the year. I've been very happy with them.
1972 402BB Suburban-Finally got her back!
1982 Mecham Racing Firebird #21
2009 GT1 Corvette
2000 Corvette convertible
72BigBlockBurb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 05:42 PM   #4
mongocanfly
Post Whore

greg smith enterprises has a very good selection of atlas lifts..that's where I got my 2 post.
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote