The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2016, 04:53 AM   #101
dazza

Re: People who try to buy your truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
some people are gonna complain it pollutes or takes up precious resources
I've heard this more than once and can be sure to get it on any given day if I drive across the bridge to Berkeley, although my response usually shuts them up. I tell them that in my trucks lifetime, it will never pollute the planet as much as your late model car did just in the manufacturing process alone! All that plastic and wiring doesn't grow on trees and trees don't grow on the waste of manufacturing that crap. AND my truck runs on recycled dinosaurs!

Of course, if I get my new emblem made, maybe they won't read what it really says and they'll keep their comments to themselves!

---
Attached Images

'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:11 AM   #102
Carmen Black

My dad bought a 1986 S10 Blazer 4X4 as a hunting truck. He gave me the keys in '94 when I turned 16. Last year, the truck had been sitting for awhile because of a bad torque converter. I came home one day and a junk man had left a flyer in the mailbox saying he bought junk cars. He had wrote "Blazer $300" on the bottom.

My wife said I should call him.

I told her "that Blazer has seen me through every girl friend I have ever had, and it will be here long after your gone."

She hasn't mentioned it again.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:08 AM   #103
dazza

ouch. has she mentioned anything again??
'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:47 AM   #104
1quik70

I get it constantly! I own a small business, and drive my truck a lot. Right after I moved home, I parked my 71 at my grandpa shop to change the tranny, I bet the phone rang every other day with people wanting to buy it. I always told them the same thing, $10k as she sits the prices goes up substantially if I fix it first!! That usually gets most folks to go away, as they expect to buy an "old truck" for $1000. The tires are worth more than that!

Right before I bought my business, I had both my 71 SWB 4x4 and my 70 Big Block Nova for sale. Had them both priced exactly the same $12k whichever didn't sell I planned to keep. Had one fella show up 3 times to look at it, but always low balled me. I told him that as soon as the Nova was gone the truck was off the market. He kept messing around, finally a couple weeks later called and said he would pay the asking price, I got it inform him that it was no longer for sale, he was pissed!!

I usually take is as a compliment, and move on. I do give everyone a price, as you never know! I was with a friend at a car show in his 40 Ford, and a gentleman asked about buying it. My buddy spouted of $40k without missing a beat. A little while later the guy dressed in bibs comes back with a duffle bag full of $100 bills, and we were looking for a ride home!
Posted via Mobile Device
1quik70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:32 PM   #105
DT1

My 71 has been finished for five years now and I usually get at least one compliment every time I go out in it. I'm so use to it now, if for some reason I drive away without that compliment, I feel like going around the block just to try again. When they ask how much I want for it, I usually say "I wouldn't trade it for any brand new truck on the market".
DT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:10 PM   #106
doubleb's69

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod 80 View Post
I had the rally sport ( 68 ) on the trailer the other day getting paint estimates . Every stop sign or light i was at people were asking , " how much ya want for it ?" . My answer , " i'd take $15,000 delivered to your house " that stops all the people who are thinking your not in tune with the market . I had the Luv at the race track the other day and went to the semi finals , People were really checking it out as i was loadiing up . A guy walks up and ask , "whatcu want for it" I just said "not for sell" . The guy says $5K , I say "
"not for sell ". The guy says 6K , I say "not for sell ". The guy says 7K , I say "not for sale ". He says 7500 , I said it is "not for sale , but you make me another offer and i'm gonna take it and then what you gonna do ". He walked off . I guess there all looking for a deal . My favorite is " if it where mine i'd do (blank) to it ". If you wanted one bad enough you would be at home working on yours and building it your style , not dogging my truck done my style . Sorry for the rant . Most of the people you run across are nice and just have a story to tell about a part of life that connects them to our trucks .
Were you the one on Street Outlaws with the Luv tonight?
Old 03-14-2016, 10:39 PM   #107
Rabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by long67 View Post
Well Rabe, better be polite and prepared to PAY what its worth. Walkin around it nit picken everything might get you somethin you dont want.
When did I say anything about being rude and lowballin?!!
Rabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:13 AM   #108
Dave K.

No inquiry ever really pisses me off. I've had the biggest a-holes inquire on cars and they ended up buying at good prices. I've never seen greenies say anything nor have I had folks who were really insulting. That being said I might just be an exception. Of course who of us haven't low-balled someone at some time? If you haven't you've probably paid to much on more than one occasion! I call it respectfully low-balling and it's how you present it.....
Dave K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:50 AM   #109
Coley

Smile Re: People who try to buy your truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post
No inquiry ever really pisses me off. I've had the biggest a-holes inquire on cars and they ended up buying at good prices. I've never seen greenies say anything nor have I had folks who were really insulting. That being said I might just be an exception. Of course who of us haven't low-balled someone at some time? If you haven't you've probably paid to much on more than one occasion! I call it respectfully low-balling and it's how you present it.....
Nicely put Dave...that is very close to where I would be at.
I do find it amusing that when a 'whats it worth' posting pops up a few guys always lowball the trucks...some down below the $1000 mark.
Interestingly everything they own starts at $10,000...or $20000...lol.
I've been approached about mine from time to time and its always been a respectful conversation...which of course, goes both ways.
Its a pickup truck, its not the last L88 ever made. I simply tell the guy that there are still thousands of these trucks out there and to keep looking....i find them all the time, every week and he can too and if he needs a hand looking I might be able to help him out for a fee.

All Good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote