The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-04-2016, 12:40 AM   #1
Lancialonnie

Die Cut Rubber Sound Deadener Installation

Hello All, I actually drove my project to work and around town last week putting about 75 miles on it. Since there is nothing inside the cab but 1 seat and 1 seatbelt, it is rather noisy. I have the die cut rubber floor sound deadener from Classic Parts. It is strange though that 2 pieces in the kit are made of one material and the 3rd piece is a different material with one side that is really rough and feels like it may scratch the paint on the floor which I don't think should be a problem. Does this rubber get glued down and then glue the jute pad to it?

Any tips or tricks for installing the carpet over the rubber and jute? I need to get some interior pieces installed to muffle the road noise so I can drive it and hear the radio! Thanks!
Lancialonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:02 AM   #2
Grumpy old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancialonnie View Post
Hello All, I actually drove my project to work and around town last week putting about 75 miles on it. Since there is nothing inside the cab but 1 seat and 1 seatbelt, it is rather noisy. I have the die cut rubber floor sound deadener from Classic Parts. It is strange though that 2 pieces in the kit are made of one material and the 3rd piece is a different material with one side that is really rough and feels like it may scratch the paint on the floor which I don't think should be a problem. Does this rubber get glued down and then glue the jute pad to it?

Any tips or tricks for installing the carpet over the rubber and jute? I need to get some interior pieces installed to muffle the road noise so I can drive it and hear the radio! Thanks!
Mark a center line on the floor and the material you want to install , working from the center out assures even fit , jute is installed the same way over your sound deadener , I always add an extra layer of jute padding before installing the carpet kit even if the carpet already has jute bonded to the back side , take your carpet out of the box as soon as it arrives and lay it out in the sun or warm room to help release the box wrinkles from shipping , if after installing you still have wrinkles you can use steam (NOT A STEAM IRON ) or a hair dryer to ease any wrinkles taking care. Not to burn/ singe the carpet .Always buy the mass backed carpet from ACC .
Posted via Mobile Device
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:39 PM   #3
Lancialonnie

Re: Die Cut Rubber Sound Deadener Installation

Thanks for the tips Grumpy, anything will be better than the noisy cab as it is now!
Lancialonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:06 PM   #4
GSIMFAB

Re: Die Cut Rubber Sound Deadener Installation

We have Silent Coat Sound Deadener. It sells for 85.00 per box and requires approximately 2 boxes to do a truck cab. Its a peal and stick product.

This is what I used in y truck.

Link here >>> http://www.gsimfab.com/2mm-silent-coat_8_4270_8701.html

GSIMFAB is offline   Reply With Quote