The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2004, 02:41 AM   #1
brodykelly
stock is where the money

72 K5 compressor switch?

i replaced the heater core on my 72 k5 and i didn't unplug what the shop manual calls "compressor switch" and it busted. does anyone know where i can get one at, its located about 6-8 inches to the right of the center hump on the bottom of the heater housing, it points straight up in the housing towards the roof, it has a 2 wire plug going to it, don't really know what it does and the manual doesn't explain, you have to get in the passenger floorboard and look up toward the hump to see it, this is an a/c blazer, don't know if it has anything to do with a/c or not, heater is working fine, any help would be great, thanks brody p.
brodykelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 02:54 AM   #2
Cruiser71
AKA Phillip Johnson, AKA BANNED

If I remember correctly, if that switch isnt working, your fan will not operate on high speed. Correct me if Im wrong.
Cruiser71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:00 AM   #3
brodykelly
stock is where the money

my fan does work on all speeds, don't know if it should be or not. the inside of this switch has 2 copper fingers about 1-2 inches long , like i said i busted the housing for it so it won't stay in its hole, just wandering where i could get one, does anyone know what i'm talking about or am i not describing its location good enough? let me know cause if it has to do with the a/c, summer is coming.... thanks brody p.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:23 PM   #4
JimKshortstep4x4

Talking

You are describing it correctly, it is call an A/C compressor switch and it turns the compressor on. Chevy Duty has them, (PN 68-961) and I am sure other vendors carry them.

Jim
JimKshortstep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:40 PM   #5
danho
Pesemistic Optimist

I looked in some of my catalogs and they look to be going for around 15-20 dollars. A/C compressor switch.
HTH Dan.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:18 AM   #6
brodykelly
stock is where the money

thanks for the info on part numbers and the exact name, this site has been kind to this new member who is getting his feet wet on these old trucks, thanks again brody p.