The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-05-2004, 11:34 PM   #1
kwg67

Big Block in my area?

Been shopping around for an affordable big block to drop into my 67. If someone looking to unload one and not too, too far away, maybe we can put somthing together.
Keith
kwg67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 11:46 PM   #2
JDL

how far is to far
Agency Iowa
JDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 02:32 PM   #3
kwg67

Quote:
Originally posted by JDL
how far is to far
Would like to make the drive in a day from Winnipeg. Another option is I have a buddy with a trucking business up here and I probably could arrange something there, he is in the US all the time. My only problem with that is that without hearing an engine actually run, you have to trust that you are getting what you pay for. I wouldn't even know what to ask. (harley guy with first project truck - excited but green)Guess that's why I jumped in on this site...seems like a great bunch for that kind of stuff.
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2004, 11:36 PM   #4
muddyole 69

BBC

I recently bought an 85 3/4 ton 2wd for the BB motor has under 10 K on 30 over rebuild tranny has less than 5 k on complete rebuild been sitting 3 mos when I went to look at it primed the carb and fired right up drove it home motor and tranny could be had send me a pm and we can work out the details if you are interested located 1 hr se of columbus ohio motor is a 74 pass car engine according to the guy I got it from I am at work and will not be able to give any more info til wednesday and cannot provide pics til then either let me know before then as I will get any further info as needed Mike
Old 03-08-2004, 01:57 PM   #5
Ole Blue

I am interested if kwg67 isn't. I would like to have some details. Thanks, Bart
Old 03-08-2004, 09:58 PM   #6
muddyole 69

BBC

Bart the guy I bought this from is a BBC nut he is laid off right now so he needed some cash and I happened along at the right time the truck is a rust bucket that a friend of his bought with a blown up 6.2 diesel and replaced it with a .30 over 454 that a local shop rebuilt on their down time with flat top pistons and a RV cam the guy then paid to have a turbo 400 rebuilt for towing his boat he drove it a few times and then bought another nicer truck leaving this poor girl all alone this is where I came in we plopped a battery in it primed the carb and fired it up it smoked awhile till the stale gas got burnt up and then cleared right up I put fresh gas in it and drove it 35 miles home it has hydro asst brakes and the drivers side caliper is froze up came free with driving but it is shot and now locked tight I could probably drive it up on a trailer if need be to haul it away or just part it where it sets the motor revs up pretty good no rattles or knocks didn't see an oil pressure guage in the truck no idiot lights came on seemed pretty torquey I could roast the peg legger with ease that is about all I know about it carb to oil pan wash it paint it and go let me know if you are interested in the whole truck or just the motor/tranny thanks Mike
Old 03-08-2004, 11:38 PM   #7
kwg67

Mike, interested in just the motor...have a 700R4 just built last summer and sunk a boatload of dough on my shovel last year worth every penny) as well so trying not to get to carried away. Any idea what you might want for this engine? Thanks, Keith
83 Harley FLHS - Will take to my grave
Old 03-09-2004, 08:59 AM   #8
Ole Blue

I would only be interested in the motor also, if kwg67 doesn't want it let me know how much. Engine numbers would be nice also.