The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board > Blazer and Suburban Stuff

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-06-2016, 10:06 PM   #1
notchbackgta

WTB Suburban parts

Looking for the long (full length) rear interior panel trim/panel holder piece.

Also looking to buy a chunk of the body from the interior so I can delete the spare tire void under the RH rear window.

Looking for all the brackets that the rear interior panels screw to.

Also looking for the metal piece that is inside the rear quarter that goes between the 3rd door and the wheel tub.

Last edited by notchbackgta; 04-22-2016 at 07:55 PM.
notchbackgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:55 PM   #2
notchbackgta

Re: WTB Suburban parts

Still looking for all this
Old 05-13-2016, 09:18 PM   #3
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Are you still looking for this stuff? I have a 72 that has this stuff and I can get you some pics of it.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:19 PM   #4
notchbackgta

Yes, I am looking for it all still. Let me know
Old 05-22-2016, 11:55 PM   #5
Huggerorangeblood

I have the long trim piece you want but if the other guy has all you need go ahead with him.
Huggerorangeblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:25 PM   #6
notchbackgta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorangeblood View Post
I have the long trim piece you want but if the other guy has all you need go ahead with him.
How much do you want for it?
Old 05-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #7
budnikguy

I can most likely can help you with all that you need...what and where of a body cut are you thinking to delete the spare tire?!
budnikguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:15 AM   #8
notchbackgta

Quote:
Originally Posted by budnikguy View Post
I can most likely can help you with all that you need...what and where of a body cut are you thinking to delete the spare tire?!
I need an inch or two longer than the bottom of the indent is long for the tire. I just need a section of the interior area under the window in front of the tire cut out, I thought it was fairly self explainatory. I can take a picture if you really need though.
I also have a picture of the brace that has holes in it that I would like to replace.
Do you have a whole Burb that you're cutting up? I could use some frame/body mounts too, I just haven't been looking that hard for them
Old 05-27-2016, 01:06 PM   #9
budnikguy

What is left of this body is being cut up yeah...should have all or most of what you may need!

Old 05-27-2016, 01:34 PM   #10
notchbackgta

It's a damn shame that was cut up, its way better than anything you find out here, but since it already is...

In this picture, I could use the area under the window that would delete out the spare tire carrier, so from like the seam where it is connected to the door pillar to that mid piece on the wheel hump. I can measure exactly how long a piece I need though, once I am done at work.
Also, in this same picture I need the piece that goes from the door pillar to the wheel hump. It is that little hump at the floor level that would be behind the interior close out panel. It is about 8" long and directly under the latch reinforcement.

In this picture I can use the cowl all around the wiper motor bracket. Mine is rotted out, but I don't know exactly how much. I would be willing to buy the whole toe board and cowl if you are willing, but I know that would a huge pain to ship.

That dash is in nice shape too, I wouldn't mind having that since it was for AC. What year is that shell? You could just cut right across from the rocker seam on each side and zip the A pillars right at the dash, I could use that whole thing if you can ship. I could also use the 3rd position body mounts that are riveted to the frame if you are willing. I have the first position since they are the same, and I have the second, but I need the 3rd for sure. Too bad it isn't 4x4 or I would want the frame too, lol. Also, the 3rd row seat belt reinforcement under the wood floor I could use. Some knucle head drilled through it, a lot, to access the fuel sender rather than drop the tank
Old 05-27-2016, 09:01 PM   #11
budnikguy

Anything can be cut to your needs...measurements and pics with marks of where are most helpful. Larger pieces are able to be shipped...but do ad a big cost to the item. I have a 3/4 suburban chassis I could cut the mount off of for you..... Funny that you want a 4x4 chassis.. AS i HAD ONE ON HERE FOR SALE FOR NEARLY A YEAR BEFORE i TALKED MY NEIGHBOR INTO BUYING IT FOR $400, OH WELL...SHIPPING PROBABLY WOULD HAVE NIXED IT FOR YOU TOO...
Old 05-27-2016, 09:34 PM   #12
notchbackgta

I was already budgeting for a firewall and truck freight for less metal new reproductions. What would you want for all that?

Neighbor still have the chassis and want to sell?
Old 05-27-2016, 11:15 PM   #13
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Have you guys checked into shipping some of this awkward stuff through Fastenal? I shipped some wheels, doors, and even a hood to different places and they were reasonably priced. Everything made it there without damage too.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:44 AM   #14
notchbackgta

I have not, but there are several Fastenals around me. Thanks for the tip