The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-11-2016, 08:58 PM   #1
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: 72 k20 project

That all looks awesome! I really like all your fittings and hoses. It'll look great for a long time.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:38 AM   #2
ryanroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by COS399 View Post
Ryan,

Thanks for the updates. Very nice work as usual. Do you need an apprentice?
Thanks! i never turn down free help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT 56 View Post
You were trying to make a event in Augst weren't you? Going to make it ? And yes as always , great work . But I bet you allready knew that . Lol
There is always some thing do go to as a goal. i've learned not to expect that though... there is a thing in iowa every year on labor day i would like to go to with the truck. whenever i get it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985-GMC View Post
Here you go again making us all look bad, haha nice job as always!
i try, i try. haha. Thanks Mister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnitg View Post
Beautiful work Ryan!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
As usual great work!
I apreciate it! thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
That all looks awesome! I really like all your fittings and hoses. It'll look great for a long time.
Thanks! my hope is that i dont have to worry about it for a long time. and it looks nice. that too. haha

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:26 AM   #3
brimc

Very nicely done
I likes it allot!

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:37 AM   #4
70custom20

Killer work from the fabrication to the electrical to how the project is thought out. I only wish I was at your level. Can't wait to see the finished product. How big of a gooseneck trailer are you gonna haul with it?
70custom20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:44 PM   #5
70custom20

I know I posted a couple of weeks ago, but I just found the diesel conversion section of this board recently. This section still doesn't seem like it's easy to get to for some reason though?? Again, great engineering, layout, fabrication, welding, the whole nine yards. I keep threatening to pull my '69 K20 apart and redo it, but I don't really have the time or the space to do it right now. I'll have to get active on my photobucket account and post some pics of the truck. I started on it in '95 when I was 22, and I got the truck on the road in '97. I was pretty new to doing any sort of frame off project, and I was just learning how to MIG weld, etc...... Now that I'm older (which has it's goods and bads, lol) I'm more picky with what I want, but I'm a little more talented in basic metal fab, but nowhere near your level. I wouldn't know where to begin with a Cummins swap into one of these trucks. I'm on page 33 of this thread, do you have any idea of what type of torque this engine will produce? Keep up the great work, you're an artist. Kurt
70custom20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 05:29 PM   #6
ryanroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimc View Post
Very nicely done
I likes it allot!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70custom20 View Post
I know I posted a couple of weeks ago, but I just found the diesel conversion section of this board recently. This section still doesn't seem like it's easy to get to for some reason though?? Again, great engineering, layout, fabrication, welding, the whole nine yards. I keep threatening to pull my '69 K20 apart and redo it, but I don't really have the time or the space to do it right now. I'll have to get active on my photobucket account and post some pics of the truck. I started on it in '95 when I was 22, and I got the truck on the road in '97. I was pretty new to doing any sort of frame off project, and I was just learning how to MIG weld, etc...... Now that I'm older (which has it's goods and bads, lol) I'm more picky with what I want, but I'm a little more talented in basic metal fab, but nowhere near your level. I wouldn't know where to begin with a Cummins swap into one of these trucks. I'm on page 33 of this thread, do you have any idea of what type of torque this engine will produce? Keep up the great work, you're an artist. Kurt
Thanks for reading along! i have definitely learned along the way with this one. it my first project of this magnitude for sure. of course it changed paths along the way a few times... haha

we all love pics, so be sure to post up a thread with some! especially K20's

some front link fab work. the lowers and the tires were all in the same space at the edges of the steering, so some things had to be done.

it uses a fixed bushing end on the frame side. uses the same big poly bushing that is on the rear links and the front uppers. they are from ballistic fab. the axle sides are ruffstuff 1.25" rod ends. the lower link is made from 1.75"x.250" wall DOM for the bent tube and it copes into a stub of 2"x.250" wall DOM with the tube adaper welded in. clears the tires with just enough room i could probably run a little wider tire. but not much.

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote