The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-04-2016, 12:27 AM   #1
gmachinz
Account Suspended

1979 Monte Carlo

I found this photo of my old Monte I built several years back-I fabricated a steel scoop (from a early 90's Talon) and grafted it to the monte hood to allow for clearance on the 3rd gen Iroc Z 4-wheel disc brake booster and MC. I didn't realize that I had a clearance issue until I had it all mounted and I test fit the hood. After careful underhood bracing and outer skin trimming, the square opening fit snug around the MC cap with the hood shut so I had to come up with a hood treatment to "fix" my oversight-this hood bulge was my solution. After I sprayed the car in Artic White and cut/buffed it all out, I ended up loving how it turned out. Behind the wheel it looks tuff as heck and people always think it's some special turbo car so I let people think what they want......lol. My next Monte project will have an early 70's shaker setup....I've always wanted to do that to a 3rd gen Monte-nobody I know of has ever built a shaker setup for a 78-80 Monte that I'm aware of.
Attached Images

gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:51 AM   #2
F.A.A.benny

Re: 1979 Monte Carlo

Very nice. I'm into 3rd gen montes also. I have a 80 that I did an ls swap to about 5 yrs ago. Getting ready to redo all over again. I haven't seen the shaker scoop on 3rd gens but I have seen it on an 80s SS model
F.A.A.benny is offline   Reply With Quote