The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-22-2016, 10:08 AM   #1
gmachinz
Account Suspended

*NEW* climate control harnesses available!

There are several stock versions of these from 73-87 and including 88-91 trucks..., right now 73-80 harnesses are available and includes everything from the climate control head out to firewall and routes to the common 12V junction and blower motor/relay/resistor. Intermediate idle stop and AC harness available as well. Pics and prices to follow today! Stay tuned.....
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Re: *NEW* climate control harnesses available!

This is specifically 1977 but should be correct for 76-77..., for use with a 2-bladed ambient temp switch mounted on the suction line of the receiver drier. Includes little details like the dual ground wire to the blower motor case and firewall, idle stop circuit/AC comp tie-in connector, R12 style low pressure switch connector (I can supply an R134 connector if desired instead too...).

I also added a 12ga heater lead from fuse panel to climate control to replace the stock 16 ga one for better reliability. The entire climate control power feed going all the way through the resistor coils is fed by this wire through the stock AC/blower relay except for high speed. Over time, this wire gets really warm and with so much resistance the contacts too get hot @ the connectors and you end up with burnt terminals creating even more resistance/heat. By going with a larger supply wire you eliminate a lot of that heat/resistance. I've seen increased blower speeds at all levels as a result.

1973-75 differ mainly by firewall position of the +12V common junction being more towards the RH side of the firewall. 1976-80 was more towards LH side, 1977 was the last year for glass fuses and I believe 1978 was first year for the single connector AC/blower relay whereas previous years utilized 2 connectors for the same relay style.

Cost for a replacement climate control wire harness such as this one is $149.

Check out these couple pics and if you'd like one, PM me for info-please include year since these are specific enough to make a difference-and let me know if you need one for an R-134 retro-fit, if you've done a serpentine conversion, etc. or anything beyond stock GM for your particular year and I can build to suit. The $149 cost covers any year harness-you will need to retain your OEM firewall clamshell style grommet since it is a split variety held together with a crimp clamp and also has a smaller grommet insert for the single hardline plastic vacuum line going from an intake source to your climate control head.
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2016, 09:58 PM   #3
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Closeup of firewall retainer...there are (3) total securing the harness to the firewall...
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2016, 10:14 PM   #4
tterry

When will mine ship?
tterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:18 PM   #5
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Your idle stop ext. harness has been shipped-USPS 9500100022136235000519. I also went ahead and added the AC comp lead and rectifier diode too along with a HD ground. I figured I'd add those for ya in case you could use them....a freebie if you will
Old 08-24-2016, 03:25 PM   #6
tterry

got it today, nice quality very happy with it. Thanks
tterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:38 PM   #7
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Thank you! Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!
Old 08-28-2016, 02:54 AM   #8
TexasChevy77

It appears more as a 79-80 harness from the 2 bladed temp switch. The bulb fuses were used in 78. In 79 was when GM used blade fuses. I rebuild those harnesses for less than $10, and if you want a little higher fan motor speed there's a trick that doesn't even involve the actual harness.
TexasChevy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:16 AM   #9
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Nope-the year is correct.., this harness is based off a 1977 GMC I'm building at the moment. But there are quite a few variations from model to model that's for sure!