The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-31-2016, 06:31 PM   #76
Grumpy old man

Re: Rejected at Car Show Marina Car Show Long Beach

OH Boo Hoo! , Are you a grown man ? Do you need a hug ? Maybe an ice cream cone ? I'm sure we can get a collection together for a plastic participation trophy for you ... I mean really this is what you have in life to complain about ? They saved you the trouble and time of sitting around for nothing . look at the real cruising time you gained .

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:35 PM   #77
factorystock

Harvard is Harvard because it maintains its standards rigidly high. The appropriate school should be taken into account.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:55 AM   #78
special-K
Special Order

Yes, I agree. Harvard pumps out single track idiots, too. We are just men of the world and they can't relate to our high-est level of education... "The Real World"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:08 AM   #79
dazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
they can't relate to our high-est level of education... "The Real World"
So damn true. Well put.
'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:42 AM   #80
96blazr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
OH Boo Hoo! , Are you a grown man ? Do you need a hug ? Maybe an ice cream cone ? I'm sure we can get a collection together for a plastic participation trophy for you ... I mean really this is what you have in life to complain about ? They saved you the trouble and time of sitting around for nothing . look at the real cruising time you gained .
LMAO!! Yeah, I can see both points. I've never been "rejected" from a show, but I've been to plenty where the "theme of the day" was "Welcome Rusty and his girlfriend Patina". I like my truck "all nice and shiny", I like my Chrome to be exactly what it is...Chrome. I put a lot of work into this truck and it's how I see it and how I want it. Got a guy who has a 69 that bagged and lays frame and has a slight faux-tina paint job. We park next to one another sometimes at shows. It's his thing, not mine, but that's cool.

You've got a nice truck. So, now you know that you'll never go back and next year you can go to another show more befitting your ride. You made it they way you want to see it.

I did leave a show last year before I even got in due to the mis-management of the folks putting it on, which shall remain nameless (coughannapoliscough)
If you didn't pre-register, then you had to wait in line, and then you had to wait until ALL the preregistered cars arrived, then park and THEN you were allowed to go in. I said "Then why don't you spell that out Clearly on the advertisement and in the flyer, cause this waiting in line is BullS**t "? Other words were exchanged and I left.

Remember, no matter where you go,
There you are.

Gary
96blazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #81
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy old man View Post
oh boo hoo! , are you a grown man ? Do you need a hug ? Maybe an ice cream cone ? I'm sure we can get a collection together for a plastic participation trophy for you ... I mean really this is what you have in life to complain about ? They saved you the trouble and time of sitting around for nothing . Look at the real cruising time you gained .
lol.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676047

My new YOUTUBE channel.. Videos of my truck and a current walk around.
Lyrikz74 Youtube channel DONE! SOLD!

My 1971 stepside build thread
My Build Thread UPDATED 6/11. DONE
and sold.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:37 AM   #82
TheCougarine

Thats one thing I like about the little car shows we have here locally every Saturday night during the summer. No judges, no fees, no real rules, just bring what you've got and hang out. I like the diversity. I can go and park my truck between a total rat rod and a modified Miata and I think thats cool, really brings the community together. That being said I do judge an all corvette show every year and get what people mean about winning stuff with a brand new car, new paint, whatever. I'm glad I didn't have to judge the C7 class this past year. I had the C5s and that was difficult given that they were all about in the same condition.
TheCougarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:33 PM   #83
Metaldoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatback View Post
Badass truck Metaldoc. Thanks for the kind words. I would love to have a picture of both of our trucks together! Maybe they could make some baby trucks HAHA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck5566 View Post
Then they would be called S10's. The S stands for small. LOL LOL
I already had that one s10 Blazer roadster, no roof. 327, 400 tranny, with shaved everything.
Attached Images

Metaldoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:56 PM   #84
ck5566
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaldoc View Post
I already had that one s10 Blazer roadster, no roof. 327, 400 tranny, with shaved everything.
That's cool, better pics would be good. just saying
ck5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:23 PM   #85
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Is this oregonneds truck? Or a 10ring truck? Post 36 & 39
Attached Images

mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:32 PM   #86
leftybass209

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
I don't know if it is, but that thing should get rejected from car shows and fruit stands! It's just a hacked up incomplete watermelon, and people that spent hard-earned money on whole watermelons would look down upon it.

leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:16 PM   #87
aod92

Sweatback your truck is awesome! They turned your truck away but they probably let in a brand new bone stock Camaro straight off the showroom floor that you can see at any dealership. They are obviously not car people if they turned away a beautiful truck like yours!
aod92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:17 AM   #88
VWNate1

Unhappy Re: Rejected at Car Show Marina Car Show Long Beach

Too bad , they missed out on a well done rig .

Me , I don't like fake patina because I'm old and grew up with them rusting away and never ale to afford paint , chrome etc.

However , your rig is really , REALLY nice ! .

Next time come to the Brother's Truck Show , I went in my battered old work truck and no one said ' what a piece of crap ' and yes , it was .
'69 C/10 shortbed sidemount survivor 250 L6 W/ 350TH
VWNate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:28 AM   #89
special-K
Special Order

I was driving patina trucks before anyone coined that term. I did show trucks in the '80s and '90s but always had my favorite, a beloved original paint driver. I saw the difference in how people regarded te shiny vs the "needs paint". The only thing new about patina rides is the current trend that follows. "Runs good, needs paint" is something I've heard since I was a kid.

That said, I wouldn't expect a truck of mine that has tired old paint to be competitive against any truck that has a full blown body and paint job on it. Appearance is a big factor in a car show. It's a big display, right? And while you and I may like the appearance of patina, what level of skill, craftsmanship, dedication, attention to detail does a patina ride display? I get no points there with my patina. Sure, there can be tons of other work in other categories to blow you away, but no points in a major category. We used to always have the "works in progress" category to enter a truck like this in, even if you consider it done. It's funny, driving my patina rides throughout the years I always felt I was driving the anti-car show ride. "Been there/done that. Now I just enjoy them". That is what I tell people all the time when they start telling me my truck could be really nice if I restored it, and start sharing their knowledge of LMC "making" everything I need.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:45 AM   #90
66clow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
I had to look this up to see the rest of it.
66clow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:07 PM   #91
Qwk

Seems like dude was a douche and overlooked your pre-registered status because HE didnt like your truck. Screw him. You truck is freaking awesome.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:28 PM   #92
mhutch1948

Hey Sweatback ;I know how you feel, I had a 68Chevy C20 flat bed . my Wife and I, put ours together in about a month. I worked on it early in the morning and weekends. We did all the work on it . I traded stuff for some parts, bought some, and made some too. got it done and decieded to put it in a show. I had a guy I was next to complain about me . He was mad because he ha $20,000.00 in his rig, and the only work he did was write checks. And the last show it was in two guys complained to one of the promoter that my truck wasn't good enough. The promoter and the other guys came to me acted smart-assed promoter was a cool guy and he asked them how much they had in their rides , both big bucks . Then asked them how much work they did.
Both were very quiet. He asked me how much I had in my truck , My wife and I laughed, then told him $400.00,total that included the cost of the truck. And we had pics of us doing the work ourselves. I say to those people at that show STICK IT IN YOUR EAR!!! My opinion. Mike mhutch1948
mhutch1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 03:58 PM   #93
EYates

That's surprising simply because that means they'd be turning down the registration fee let alone not accepting a classic vehicle. Their loss!
EYates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:16 AM   #94
66clow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatback View Post
Mt truck was rejected from the Long Beach Marina Car Show yesterday because of no paint? A car show run by non car people! Not sure if it was just the opinion of the guy at the entrance or the their overall policy!
PLEASE DO NOT SUPPORT THIS CAR SHOW>

Thanks,

Sweatback
Flipping thru youtube came across your truck. Is this where you got it? Nice truck.

https://youtu.be/3CYqQobQahk
66clow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:02 AM   #95
aod92

Cool video
aod92 is offline   Reply With Quote