The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-02-2016, 09:22 PM   #1
dhunt00c

EZAirRide vs. Ride-Tech vs ????

I'm sure it's answered before, but is there a decent and cost effective air suspension kit and do all of them require you to also run shocks as well?

Ride-Tech clearly is good and is proud of their kits. I also see several other vendors in the space such as EZAirRide. This is just a weekend cruiser with a Patina. I don't want to spend too much, but i also would like a decent, reliable kit?

Anyone recommend a good happy medium?

And is anyone selling a total package - the air, the drop spindles, front disk kits, front end component rebuild like ball joints, bushings, etc?
Asking for a 66 C-10.

Thanks so much in advance?
dhunt00c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:46 AM   #2
andrewmp6

Re: EZAirRide vs. Ride-Tech vs ????

Have you thumbed around http://www.azproperformance.com/home.php hes a vendor on here and carries everything you can think of.You can call him or email him he knows his stuff.let him know what you want to do and he can put a package deal for you.And let travis know your a forum member you might get a discount.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:09 AM   #3
bbbc10
Diggin The SquareLife

Not really cost effective way of doing air ride....an yes you have to run shocks. But on mine i dont think ima run front shocks.....i shopped around for all my parts an got smokin deals....i got a set of mmw control arms for 330 bucks!!!!! An they go for 1300 new! Got a raised front crossmember for 600 bucks!an i bought a complete rear kit from ekstensive metal works for 650....
bbbc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:02 AM   #4
dhunt00c

Thanks guys! I didn't think the EZAirRide package was too terribly priced ($1100) but wondered about the quality. I'll check out that other link. Thanks a bunch!
Posted via Mobile Device
dhunt00c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 02:55 AM   #5
andrewmp6

The cheapest option i would trust is http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=575686
Old 11-06-2016, 02:03 AM   #6
Robznob11

Wink Re: EZAirRide vs. Ride-Tech vs ????

Bc fab has a reliable and cheap kit...but if you take the time to buy it seperate you will have a better setup for less money. I bought dual viair 380c compressor kit, with 4 dominator 2600 bags and a 5 gallon tank from horn blasters for 575 shipped, Delos complete valve package for 300$ (100 times better than paddle valves) I bought gauges and fittings from newmatics @180$ that includes a 3/8 smc watter trap. All fittings are brass or nickel plated brass. air line from local parts for @50$. Now I have porterbuilt arms and plates but you can find a front plates kit for @ 55 bucks on line. And rear does not need anything if you know how to use a drill. So I guess my piece together kit would come in around 1100 ish.....but you get quality valves and dual compressors. As opposed to the cheap plastic paddles valves and a single compressor most kits in that price range offer.....
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS

Last edited by Robznob11; 11-06-2016 at 12:09 PM.
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:05 PM   #7
Robznob11

Here is a pic of my horn blasters tank mounted with the smc water trap. With the Delo valves you will have one 3/8 feed into 4- 1/4 lines (he provides the adapter) the 4 1/4 go into valve and then out to bag they also have a out to air gauge ports. And come with mufflers. Simple and reliable!
Attached Images

LED TAILS
Old 11-07-2016, 11:59 PM   #8
Robznob11

More pics... even though I have after market arms you can see how the top plate mounts and you can see where to drill the x member to route the line into the fitting on top of the bag. It is pretty much the same as the pic you see of the rear bag fittings.
Attached Images

LED TAILS
Old 11-08-2016, 11:06 PM   #9
Pro Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhunt00c View Post
I'm sure it's answered before, but is there a decent and cost effective air suspension kit and do all of them require you to also run shocks as well?

Ride-Tech clearly is good and is proud of their kits. I also see several other vendors in the space such as EZAirRide. This is just a weekend cruiser with a Patina. I don't want to spend too much, but i also would like a decent, reliable kit?

Anyone recommend a good happy medium?

And is anyone selling a total package - the air, the drop spindles, front disk kits, front end component rebuild like ball joints, bushings, etc?
Asking for a 66 C-10.

Thanks so much in advance?
We have a wide range of air ride kits that we offer, but can also put together any components you would like. Here is a link to our budget kit, but do keep in mind it is a good idea to add other items to round out the suspension.

Send me a PM, email or call and be more than happy to go over all the options with you.

Budget Kit:
http://www.azproperformance.com/Budg...63-72-C10.html

Other Air Ride Kits:
http://www.azproperformance.com/Pro-...its-67-72-C10/

Travis
480-420-8175
travis@azproperformance.com
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:06 AM   #10
andrewmp6

About time you showed up Travis
Old 11-09-2016, 12:26 PM   #11
Pro Performance

Haha... late to the party, but did show up.
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 12:50 PM   #12
Robznob11

Not to hurt anyone's business....I must tell the OP please watch some youtube video's of air ride with manual paddle valves. I don't want you surprised when it takes forever to raise and lower. Even though they us 1/4 air line they have a push over plastic barb and the Id is restricted at the paddle to more like 1/8". Also before you pull the trigger on any kit make sure to ask if you are getting plastic or brass fittings. Brass is less susceptible to temperature leaking and cracking from temperature cycles. Ultimately a kit is good for ease of installation but my advice is that if you go that route pay the extra to get brass and dual compressors. Also expect that there will still be things to purchase like wiring for compressors and clamps to hold everything, compressor brackets, etc.
Hope it all works out for you! It's really not as hard as it looks but it is a time consuming and labor intensive job (drilling) Lol!

LED TAILS