The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-22-2017, 05:06 PM   #1
In The Ten Ring

Owner's manual

I bought the owner's manual a member posted (linked) onto the "craigslist finds" thread. The only thing I have bought off there yet....

Anyway, it's amazingly well-written, very straight-forward. One dash pic is at an odd angle, but that's a small thing.

I'd post a pic but still have photobucket. (I guess PB will go out of business soon as everyone leaves it in droves).
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:35 PM   #2
FirstOwner69

Re: Owner's manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
I bought the owner's manual a member posted (linked) onto the "craigslist finds" thread. The only thing I have bought off there yet....

Anyway, it's amazingly well-written, very straight-forward. One dash pic is at an odd angle, but that's a small thing.

I'd post a pic but still have photobucket. (I guess PB will go out of business soon as everyone leaves it in droves).
I've seen questions posted that could have been easily answered by reading an owner's manual. Everyone should have one. Reprints of the 1969 version are available. I'd think other years would be as well.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:37 AM   #3
ApacheIvan

Quote:

Is that the one I posted that was like 5 bucks plus shipping? Great find. I think it was an original but could be a reprint.. Hope it was everything you needed it to be. I would have snatched it, but I had just bought one. I like seeing it in the glovebox. They make an original style plastic bag that they came in too. They have two for those years, make sure you get the one with the square key on it.

Name:  manual.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  25.6 KB

Peace!
Original Owner

** Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?**
ApacheIvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:45 AM   #4
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheIvan View Post
Is that the one I posted that was like 5 bucks plus shipping? Great find. I think it was an original but could be a reprint.. Hope it was everything you needed it to be. I would have snatched it, but I had just bought one. I like seeing it in the glovebox. They make an original style plastic bag that they came in too. They have two for those years, make sure you get the one with the square key on it.

Attachment 1672993

Peace!
The bag mine came in was just clear plastic.

ApacheIvan, did you link an ebay sale to this page about a week ago? If so, it was you then!

I asked the original owner last night (my dad) and he never remembers the truck having an owner's manual and he bought it new off the lot!
Old 07-23-2017, 01:37 AM   #5
ApacheIvan

Quote:
The bag mine came in was just clear plastic.

ApacheIvan, did you link an ebay sale to this page about a week ago? If so, it was you then!

I asked the original owner last night (my dad) and he never remembers the truck having an owner's manual and he bought it new off the lot!
Yup.. that was me Glad someone snagged it.. it was a great price.. I paid at least 3 times that..and that is very cool that you have your dad's original truck, me too!

Ecklers have the reproduced plastic bag. Shipping was more than the bag but cool to have.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camaro-Owner...72.m2749.l2649
Original Owner

** Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?**
ApacheIvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 02:17 AM   #6
In The Ten Ring

I'll have to bid later, credit card left behind at a restaurant so it's cancelled while I await the replacement.

You'll have to tell me about your truck sometime. PM me your number and a good time to call.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:04 AM   #7
Keith Seymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedemon View Post
why do people use photo bucket I have a 14 mp camera I just save to my pics on the computer and I don't ever remember having to resize to post on here . just wondering not knocking anyone is my camera small it is a few years old or does it just have to do with posting somehow
Some forums do not allow posting a file directly from your computer.

At those places you have to choose an outside vendor to host the photos in order to post them in a thread. Photobucket was the obvious choice at the time.

K
1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:51 AM   #8
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Owner's manual? You mean like directions on how stuff works? Pffft, who needs those?

One of the best things I've ever learned from an owner's manual is that its 100% OK and correct to have to push the pedal down 1/4-1/3 of the way to start a hot carbureted engine. I always thought my tuning was wrong, etc if it didn't always refire on the first key hit without touching the pedal after the engine had been recently run. I started using this method a few years ago and my C10 and Mustang now start immediately (like right after getting gas with a hot motor, especially on a really hot day when the engine temps are more in the 200-205 range.)
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 07-24-2017 at 10:57 AM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote