The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-24-2017, 05:58 AM   #1
srsguitar83

Re: 70 GMC bumper Factory VS Aftermarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill3rail View Post
What else does your truck need?
If a bumper is all it requires, you are lucky!

What is your budget? / How much of that budget is in the bank?
If you can't afford all that you think you will need consider an aftermarket bumper to save money.

And what are you looking to do?
-Total restoration to original?
-Just patch the rust and run it?
-Get it looking real good and drive it?

I have aftermarket front/rear and they are good but I do not recall where they are from.

Bill
hey bill3rail! Unfortunately it is not only the bumper. The truck needs a bit of body work. It hasn't been legally drive-able in many years. The engine still runs though. I go outside to fire it up from time to time. The body has a bit of rust, but the cab is probably the worst. The chrome flaking off the bumper is the always the first thing I see when I go up to it and start looking around under the hood. As far as budget, I'm not sure at the moment what I can swing, but I would love to get the cab corners and rocker panels replaced. I realize that is not going to be an easy task. Might be different if i knew how to weld. I would be pleased with baby steps. It doesn't all have to be done at once I guess. If I could just get it where it would be safe and reliable to drive back and forth to work one or two days a week, I think I would be happy. Then as time goes on, since I have another vehicle to drive, try to do more work to it. I have considered trying to get a loan to cover for as much as possible and finding someone to take it to and say "here fix it!". The cost scares me though. I always go back to thinking "maybe I can do some of this work myself".
srsguitar83 is offline   Reply With Quote