The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2018, 03:27 PM   #1
WS7z

K20 Swap questions

I am working through the idea of a 6.0 swap into my K20 now that the transmission died on me. I have sourced a 4l80 out of a 2003. The NP205 has been rebuilt and now has a twin stick setup. I tracked down the transmission adapter from a 400 and had it machined to mate up to the 4l80. Now its time to jump into the engine.

I have a few questions that I have not been able to get good answers on with my own research. Any help is much appreciated.

1) What is the difference, if any, between how the engine mounts on 4x4 vs 2x4?

2) Can i just use adapter plates for the LS to mount to my existing motor mounts?

3) With the long 4l80 i would ideally like to get the engine far enough forward to keep driveline angle manageable. What is a good option for mounting the engine as far forward as possible?

4) how far forward can the engine go before it become a problem with vehicle drive-ability or fitting in the available space?

5) will i have clearance problems with the stock hood using a 6.0 and a stock mounting location?

6) Is there a specific oil pan I need for the 4x4 chassis?

EDIT:

7) any links to 4x4 builds would be much appreciated!

Last edited by WS7z; 07-26-2018 at 04:38 PM. Reason: more content
WS7z is offline   Reply With Quote