The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-04-2018, 01:06 PM   #1
VWNate1

Thumbs up Exhaust Smoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer_hunter_088 View Post
sometimes smokes at idle, but will smoke under accel. sometimes on decel.
O.K.;

The deal here is to make it run as best it can then you can approach the smoking ~ no need to throw lots of $ at it here, just you will need to buy some tools, Pawn and Thrift Shops plus tag/yard sales can really be cheap here, maybe ask me off line how to test / evaluate used tools, I understand you're 18 and you've not yet mentioned being rich (if you're rich, do you need a Chauffeur/mechanic ?) .
'69 C/10 shortbed sidemount survivor 250 L6 W/ 350TH
VWNate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:24 PM   #2
Deer_hunter_088

Re: Exhaust Smoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWNate1 View Post
O.K.;

The deal here is to make it run as best it can then you can approach the smoking ~ no need to throw lots of $ at it here, just you will need to buy some tools, Pawn and Thrift Shops plus tag/yard sales can really be cheap here, maybe ask me off line how to test / evaluate used tools, I understand you're 18 and you've not yet mentioned being rich (if you're rich, do you need a Chauffeur/mechanic ?) .
shes running great as of now, not rich, but not poopr, did i mention i basically live on my own, I have a small collection of basic handtools, not to many specialty tools. not to many power tools either.

The smoking dont feel like rings, ive had fourwheelers that had bad rings, and this dont feel like that, almost feels like it is sucking oil from the heads, or such. right bank smokes about double of passenger side bank.

Made in the USA, just like my trucks
Deer_hunter_088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
ncpetersc

Re: Spitfire

You'll get some great advice from some experienced people here. I am not one of those with a lot of experience. But I just wanted to throw it out there that you can borrow a compression tester from a local parts store. It's an easy test, and might shed some light.

Again, please take the advice of the more experienced members above mine. I'm not trying to change their direction at all. But wanted to make sure you knew that loaner tools are out there. They can really be a great thing, considering the purchase costs of some of them.

Good luck, and I'll be watching this. I know you'll get it figured out.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:23 PM   #4
Deer_hunter_088

Re: Spitfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpetersc View Post
You'll get some great advice from some experienced people here. I am not one of those with a lot of experience. But I just wanted to throw it out there that you can borrow a compression tester from a local parts store. It's an easy test, and might shed some light.

Again, please take the advice of the more experienced members above mine. I'm not trying to change their direction at all. But wanted to make sure you knew that loaner tools are out there. They can really be a great thing, considering the purchase costs of some of them.

Good luck, and I'll be watching this. I know you'll get it figured out.
Thank you, i plan on doing a lil tuning on her today, as its my bday, so i have the day off work. then, maybe do some wiring, and get the rear lights to work, and celebrate my bday.

Made in the USA, just like my trucks
Deer_hunter_088 is offline   Reply With Quote