The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #1
ls1nova71

Re: Crazy throttle question

I think it needs a non adjustable pedal TAC, but not sure. My buddy never did anything about it, he just got used to driving it that way. I've driven it and it is a bit touchy, but not all that bad once you get used to it. I can look and see what the numbers are on that TAC and what they are on mine, but I don't know when he'll have his car back out again. If you get it going and it has this problem, get a hold of me and I can lend you a TAC to see if it remedies it since you're close.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:12 AM   #2
beaterku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
I think it needs a non adjustable pedal TAC, but not sure. My buddy never did anything about it, he just got used to driving it that way. I've driven it and it is a bit touchy, but not all that bad once you get used to it. I can look and see what the numbers are on that TAC and what they are on mine, but I don't know when he'll have his car back out again. If you get it going and it has this problem, get a hold of me and I can lend you a TAC to see if it remedies it since you're close.
So I powered up my truck last night to check wiring and noticed that I am having the same problem. My TAC came from the same donor as the engine and ECM. Its #12573059. I bought the GM truck pedal #15264643 that is for the same year Silverado 2500. I am getting full throttle when the pedal is half way down. When I look up the TAC module for a 2003 Silverado 2500 it is showing #12588923.

Were you able to figure out if it was in fact the TAC module causing the problem?

Thanks!
beaterku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:17 AM   #3
beaterku

Did some digging on ebay of all places.

Standard truck pedal and comes with #12588923
https://ebay.us/DLsWzk

Adjustable pedal and comes with #12573059
https://ebay.us/fXx2y9

Looks like this may be the solution.
Attached Images

Last edited by beaterku; 03-13-2019 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Added pictures for future help
Old 03-13-2019, 10:31 PM   #4
HSRACER

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaterku View Post
Did some digging on ebay of all places.

Standard truck pedal and comes with #12588923
https://ebay.us/DLsWzk

Adjustable pedal and comes with #12573059
https://ebay.us/fXx2y9

Looks like this may be the solution.
Based on your pictures I have the pedal assembly with your 12588923 number.
I don’t know which module it is paired with but will have to check it out.
Patinaed 67 LS stepside
Supercharged 67 Nova
Bagged 69 Suburban Turbo'ed 5.3 LS
HSRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:48 AM   #5
beaterku

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSRACER View Post
Based on your pictures I have the pedal assembly with your 12588923 number.
I don’t know which module it is paired with but will have to check it out.
The pedal that came with my engine was the adjustable with 12573059 TAC module. I switched to a standard truck pedal and am getting the half throttle issue. LS1Nova71 is local to me and has graciously offered a 12588923 module to test to see if that fixes the problem. Will report back once I test.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:31 PM   #6
LH Lead-Foot

Interesting problem. I have adjustable pedals from the power train donor, but all of the modules / sensors are matched.
Just wondering, is a difference in travel at the pivot where the sensor mounts, on non-adjustable pedals (Fixed) and the adjustable pedals. Otherwise, there is no other reason for the change in part numbers. A call to a friendly Chevy dealer part counter may ask if it has adjustable or fixed pedals by using the RPO code, as it would show up on their screen as a prompt.
My old parts manager took a counter job at a large GM dealer after our old dealer went thru a bad "Buy-Sell" issue...and we closed. I will stop in and ask since I have an appointment near by.
Of course, we can alway check RockAuto for foot notes if multiples are offered.

Yep, I am 6'4" and the wife is 5'7"...I think see wants to drive my 67 C10. So adjustable pedal are going in along with power buckets. She can drive it once.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:14 PM   #7
beaterku

Quote:
Originally Posted by LH Lead-Foot View Post
Interesting problem. I have adjustable pedals from the power train donor, but all of the modules / sensors are matched.
Just wondering, is a difference in travel at the pivot where the sensor mounts, on non-adjustable pedals (Fixed) and the adjustable pedals. Otherwise, there is no other reason for the change in part numbers. A call to a friendly Chevy dealer part counter may ask if it has adjustable or fixed pedals by using the RPO code, as it would show up on their screen as a prompt.
My old parts manager took a counter job at a large GM dealer after our old dealer went thru a bad "Buy-Sell" issue...and we closed. I will stop in and ask since I have an appointment near by.
Of course, we can alway check RockAuto for foot notes if multiples are offered.

Yep, I am 6'4" and the wife is 5'7"...I think see wants to drive my 67 C10. So adjustable pedal are going in along with power buckets. She can drive it once.
The adjustable pedal has half the range of rotation of the non adjustable. I noticed it a few months back but didn’t think anything of it. I figured the sensor was calibrated differently. Guess I was wrong lol