The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-28-2021, 01:19 PM   #1
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

WTB Tall Oil Fill Tube with Cap

I'd like to find/buy for my C10 SBC 350 one of these tall oil fill tubes with cap, grommet, and mounting screw. Anyone out there have one to sell?
Attached Images

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim

Last edited by Rich72C10; 02-28-2021 at 01:24 PM.
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:27 PM   #2
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: WTB Tall Oil Fill Tube with Cap

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=818793
Old 02-28-2021, 01:32 PM   #3
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

ouch, didn't know they were that pricey now days.

Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Old 02-28-2021, 02:19 PM   #4
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

We have a couple of these oil filler tubes pulled/ready to ship and cost would be $75. + shipping, I am also pretty sure that we still have the extension tube to valve cover rubber mounting grommet in GM NOS available too. Will go have a look now and get you some pics. Mel
Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:32 PM   #5
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Thanks - look forward seeing the photos! I assume that would come with a cap too?

Currently I have a metal cap, which is on the backside of the valve cover on the driver's side. Forward of this is the PVC. On the passenger side there is a line going from the back of the cover to the carburetor "hat" that the breather sits on.

It seems, from reading different threads a A/C Truck with Power Breaks has the tall filler tube, other wise it's a rubber cap for 72s. So I have neither, a tall filler tube (which would be welcomed) nor a rubber cap.

Now my cover is slotted for for my metal cap - might you know if the grommet / tube will fit okay? Meaning am I putting myself up for problems with the "slotted" hole that fits my cap.

Old 03-01-2021, 02:17 PM   #6
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
Thanks - look forward seeing the photos! I assume that would come with a cap too?

Currently I have a metal cap, which is on the backside of the valve cover on the driver's side. Forward of this is the PVC. On the passenger side there is a line going from the back of the cover to the carburetor "hat" that the breather sits on.

It seems, from reading different threads a A/C Truck with Power Breaks has the tall filler tube, other wise it's a rubber cap for 72s. So I have neither, a tall filler tube (which would be welcomed) nor a rubber cap.

Now my cover is slotted for for my metal cap - might you know if the grommet / tube will fit okay? Meaning am I putting myself up for problems with the "slotted" hole that fits my cap.
Hello, we sorted/pulled these oil filler extension tube parts out and listed them in the below linked f/s thread, have given you an option/first call on one of the setups, please confirm interest or a pass in that thread. As for your questions, these oil filler extension tubes were found/used on the 71-72 small blocks with the rubber push in style oil filler caps, if your truck is a 72 the valve cover should have a perfectly round hole only (no notches) for a push in style cap. Thanks, Mel

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=818966
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2021, 03:15 PM   #7
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

looks like I cannot "upgrade" to this Fill Tube because my valve cover is slotted for a metal cap - BOOO!

Old 03-01-2021, 03:44 PM   #8
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
looks like I cannot "upgrade" to this Fill Tube because my valve cover is slotted for a metal cap - BOOO!
If wishing to bring your truck back to original, you can always search/locate an OE 71-72 style valve cover with the push in rubber fill cap/plug. It's a fairly simple process, locate and install the OE 72 valve cover, remove the fill cap, install rubber tube grommet into valve cover cap hole then push oil filler extension tube into grommet and now sit back and enjoy the easy oil fill life... Mel