The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2022, 01:20 PM   #10
Jrainman

Re: Inductance adjustment for MIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennislbrooks View Post
Ok, from what I am reading on it, it appears to be a brazing type process??? I have found 030 but am looking for 023. Can you butt weld with it or does it have to be lap?? thanks

Looks about double cost of carbon steel.

https://www.millerwelds.com/resource...brazing-basics
Yes brazing , melts at about 1800 f , so right there you will not burn off galvo or or zinc leaving your panel exposed for future rusting also the bronze bead will not rust needing a primer coat rite away, also you will not have to worry about warping panels this is one of the reasons GM recommends using silicon bronze when doing panel repair, also many other car manufactures also recommend using silicone Bronze , Blue demon has 0.23 , also you will want to use a u shape roller ,but I have used v type roller wheels with no issues , because of the softer wire , you can butt weld ,basically you can weld just as using steel wire , I find though pushing the wire gets me a more fluid puddle to work with, yes it it expensive ,and also you need to use 100 % argon , just the time you save in labor because of the thing I listed compared to using steel wire , imagine not having to be so concerned with heat warpage you can run a continues beads , not skip around waiting for things to cool down and also it grinds smooth and is 5x faster then grinding steel wire beads , Having on hand after you invest in silicone bronze set up , you can use it for other metals such as stainless to steel or copper ,it just a nice extra you get when using silicon bronze.

Last edited by Jrainman; 04-16-2022 at 07:02 AM. Reason: miss spelling
Jrainman is offline   Reply With Quote