The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-22-2022, 05:24 AM   #1
Paul Y

Brothers sale - Window channel set

Morning all,

Got a notification from Brothers that they are having a spring sale - you probably all got the same mail - and the discounts offered are pretty good.

I need a window channel set as mine is toast but have seen the ongoing dialogue with regards to the window scrapers which has got me overthinking.

I am going to buy the set but was wondering of I should look at an alternative to the brothers scraper.

But then I had a stern word with myself as I don't currently have any scrapper at all so this is going to be 100 X better than the current situation!

Anyway. Long winded way of saying Brothers have a sale on if you were not aware.

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 06:15 AM   #2
Paul Y

Re: Brothers sale - Window channel set

Quick update and a small rant.

If American based companies would prefer to not service customers outside the USA I would prefer they made that clear before I spent 15 minutes navigating their poorly designed UX (Yes I deal with UX on a daily basis!) rather than getting to checkout and telling me shipping is $300 for an $80 item.

Would be cheaper to get a flight and collect it myself.

Rant over.

P.

Old 04-22-2022, 11:48 AM   #3
pdxhall

I have found that Brother's is more expensive than others. I just got all of the seals and rivets for my wing window build from Classic Parts. They offer Precision brand. I go to them for a lot of parts because of the quality.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 04:05 PM   #4
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Classic Parts of America x2

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 08:36 PM   #5
AcampoDave

Brother's has dropped the ball 3 times now and shooting for 4 on a set of firewall retainer pins that I keep calling about. The item is in stock, has been the whole time. They just cant seem to get it into a box and ship it to me. I was trying to be patient with them since I was not currently driving the truck, but my patients are gone after a month of trying so therefore I decided to add my dissatisfaction with them to this thread.
AcampoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 09:52 PM   #6
61hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcampoDave View Post
Brother's has dropped the ball 3 times now and shooting for 4 on a set of firewall retainer pins that I keep calling about. The item is in stock, has been the whole time. They just cant seem to get it into a box and ship it to me. I was trying to be patient with them since I was not currently driving the truck, but my patients are gone after a month of trying so therefore I decided to add my dissatisfaction with them to this thread.
Unless you're buying the expensive rubber ones, save yourself some money and headaches and just go to Lowes and buy the christmas tree retainers in the specialty bins. They fit perfectly and only stick through the firewall about a 1/4".

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=820491
61hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 10:11 PM   #7
AcampoDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61hawk View Post
Unless you're buying the expensive rubber ones, save yourself some money and headaches and just go to Lowes and buy the christmas tree retainers in the specialty bins. They fit perfectly and only stick through the firewall about a 1/4".

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=820491
Thanks, I did order the rubber ones, if they don't ship them after the last phone call on Friday (number 3) my 4th and final call will be to cancel the order and head for Lowe's. Wish I woulda known about the Hillman's last week.
Old 04-24-2022, 02:58 AM   #8
Paul Y

Thanks for the feedback Gentlemen.

I don't really 'need' to replace the window runners - if I did I have the left overs here from when I rebuilt my 56 Chevy - it was the fact that they lured me in with the promise of a $40 saving and then tried to stiff me with a $300 shipping charge!

Out of interest I contacted Fed Ex and got a shipping price from them - $28.75.

I can laugh about it now but I was a little peeved after I had spent so long with their awful UX....

Anyway.

ONWARDS!!!

P.

Old 04-24-2022, 07:20 PM   #9
AcampoDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcampoDave View Post
Thanks, I did order the rubber ones, if they don't ship them after the last phone call on Friday (number 3) my 4th and final call will be to cancel the order and head for Lowe's. Wish I woulda known about the Hillman's last week.
I went to Lowe's today and got the Hillman's retainers and the worked great
Old 05-07-2022, 04:06 AM   #10
MOJO1963GMC

My first order with Brothers went well, my second not so much. Got my order and one thing was missing and the other was the wrong part. I ordered the Delrin tailgate bushings for a 58-66 Fleetside. The sent me the steel bushings and hinge for a 67-72. Called them and told them I was missing one thing and sent me the wrong part I ordered. They said they would correct it and send me the right parts and then I paid the return shipping on the wrong part. When I got the new package I got what I missing originally but they had sent me the same tailgate bushing that I just sent them. Not even the same part #. I ended up ordering the correct bushing and I’ll just sell the 67-72 bushing set local or something
MOJO1963GMC is offline   Reply With Quote