The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-25-2023, 06:03 AM   #1
SuperC10Tex

'85 Silverado-10 Emblem - Fender Hole Locations

Seeing if someone has the factory measurements (locations) for the two holes that the ('85) Silverado 10 emblems that go onto the drivers/passengers' front fenders? A drawing with the hole layouts would be great...
SuperC10Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 07:43 AM   #2
TKCR

Re: '85 Silverado-10 Emblem - Fender Hole Locations

I don’t have the hole location, but want to offer up another solution. I’m assuming that you have new fenders so the holes need to be drilled in. I had the same problem, and I wanted my fender emblems to be on the truck, but DID NOT want to drill holes.
So since the emblems are plastic, I cut the studs off a very nice set of original fender emblems. I then put 3M double sided tape on the whole backside of the emblems. Over kill maybe, but I didn’t want any moisture behind the emblem which can create other problems.
I heard too many stories of the studs breaking and the emblem would fall off. It’s also very hard to reach the studs to install the speed nuts. So I just found a way of adding the emblems without drilling holes. In the future, if I decide the emblems need to come off for any reason, then no harm done and I’m not left with holes.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 08:29 AM   #3
SuperC10Tex

Not new fenders, just wanting the factory hole specs for emblem removal. I feel confidant someone on here has those hole location specs....

"An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows"
Old 04-25-2023, 01:59 PM   #4
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperC10Tex View Post
Not new fenders, just wanting the factory hole specs for emblem removal. I feel confidant someone on here has those hole location specs....
That’s cool. Someone most likely does.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 05:31 AM   #5
SuperC10Tex

I knew it was out there somewhere, info for the next person needing the factory fender hole specs....

"Measure from the line on the body (the one that continues from the front of the truck to the tailgate) it is 2.5 in down.

from the end of the fender closest to the door it is 3 5/8 in and 11 7/16 in"

Used these measurements on my '85, dead on!! I drilled straight through the existing emblems and hit all four holes!! Now on with the new using 3M thin double sided tape.