The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-06-2023, 01:01 PM   #1
kwmech

Re: Feds close Moab trails

Doesn't surprise me. There a bunch trails local to me that have been ruined by the excessive wheelin' and destruction. Gotta get that larger HP engine, rockwell axles, 54'' tires. Cutting through the forest 'cuz the guy in front of you didn't spend 100k on his rig and is moving a tad bit slower than you. It's the same mentality in Moab. Everybody is in a hurry and cannot just enjoy the ride and the scenery
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 08:02 PM   #2
Orange Crate

Re: Feds close Moab trails

I read a little on this yesterday. It looks like the original lawsuit was in 2008 and a settlement was reach in 2017 and this is the results of that settlement. Blue Ribbon Coalition and Colorado Offroad Trail Defenders have already appealed the decision. I was out there in March and it was crazy busy with "sand fleas". I spoke with a few people out there about the amount of off road traffic. There are a LOT of people that rent off road machines that have absolutely no idea what trail etiquette is. I complained loudly at the time because it is dangerous in certain situations. Like letting someone on the trail coming in the opposite direction know how many people are in your group, people coming uphill have the right of way, backing up if you are coming downhill on a narrow trail. Warning other people of a hazard coming up in the trail. Thinking EVERY corner is an opportunity for a rooster tail. It was crazy so I left for a different area south of there. Really, it was just too busy for me.