The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2024, 03:31 PM   #1
damnyankee36

GMCPauls?

What does everyone think of these guys? I, like I am sure everyone else, is tired of the quality and customer service of many of the big companies out there.

I'd like to try a small-time vendor. I'm sure most of the parts are overseas manufactured but the "PROUDLY SUPPORTING AMERICAN MANUFACTURING AND JOBS !" statement caught my attention.

Current Build: 1968 C10 (Semi-Factory Restoration)
1983 Camaro Z/28 (Next in line, Keeper)
1951 3100 (2nd in line)
damnyankee36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 04:44 PM   #2
PbFut

Re: GMCPauls?

My next order will be with them. I have use them once. Order went smooth. Web site could use a bit of work. I find it difficult to locate item I want. Selection is reasonable and I think they try hard to provide quality parts and prices are good in my opinion.
PbFut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 04:50 PM   #3
TxGary

I have been dealing with GMC Paul since 2002 and have never had a problem with them. Met him at Carlise Truck nationals years ago and they are good people to deal with.
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4X4
2015 Diamond C 22' HD car hauler
Bowie, Texas 76230
TxGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 05:55 PM   #4
54blackhornet

I like doing business with people who support this site ! Paul interacts often on threads.
Old 01-08-2024, 05:58 PM   #5
jabborabbo

I’ve got nothing but praise for them, along with a lot of folks on this site!
Old 01-08-2024, 06:01 PM   #6
hooverfish

GMC Pauls has a very good reputation on this board from all I have seen and heard for several years. Most guys generally agree he stocks the best quality reproduction parts available.

"It's a sorry man who can't find his wife a good job"
hooverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 06:24 PM   #7
Ironhorse

Also VERY pleased anytime I have purchased parts from GMCPauls. I purchased a number of parts from him during my restore on my 71 K10. I did have a small but critical issue with a defective part I ordered and needed it replaced quickly as the truck was down until replaced with a local truck show scheduled for the weekend. I called GMCPauls, spoke to a very polite and knowledgeable person and explained the part was obviously defective after the install. Explained I was held up to make the show without the part. They said they would send the replacement part out right away. I received it the NEXT day as GMCPauls overnighted the needed part at their expense! That is SERVICE not often found in a lot of vendors these days!
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 07:34 PM   #8
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

I’ve dealt with Paul a few times. Satisfied every time. Definitely will do more business with him
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 08:16 PM   #9
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

I've had zero issues with the service and parts from GMC Paul. Among others, I generally go through independent vendors, Classic Industries, and Classic Parts.

I think I've supported LMC one time, to cap off the LH side of the center A/C vent
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 11:29 PM   #10
sfont66

As other have mentioned, I too have had good experiences with GMCPAULS.
Quality of items are great, and shipping was fast.
No issues ever, I will continue to order from them.
Old 01-09-2024, 12:19 AM   #11
Fbks_Cruiser

GMCPauls used to be my preferred vendor until:
1) They decided to not take any phone orders and no longer have a phone number on their website.
2) They decided to not accept orders from outside the continental US. I live in Alaska. I understand that it costs more to ship here. Shouldn’t it be my choice to pay the extra shipping cost?
3) On my last purchase ( body mount kit for 3/4 ton 4wd) I specifically in the order request asked for them to verify that they are correct for my application. Upon arrival it was obvious that the rear cab mounts were not correct.

My current preferred vendor is Wes at Classic Heartbeat. He is always helpful, knowledgeable and ships via USPS.

Matt
Fbks_Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 08:40 AM   #12
don t. - 72gmc

I support my local to me business 1st. Ill-noise can use the tax dollars(grin).

My next option, for my 70 truck parts is supporters of this site. I have asked GMCPauls some stupid questions that were answered in a timely manner. They have always been good to me. In turn, they get my return business and recommendations if asked.

I will say, I had an issue w/my front end. Wes PM'ed me w/alternatives if I decide to go that route.

HTH...Don.
don t. - 72gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:43 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

They are better than the catalog companies. For one thing, the business came to be out of Paul's longtime interest in these trucks, so he knows the trucks and won't sell you a wrong part.

Here is an example of how much better they are. As you know, vendors have no choice but to sell repro and some of those parts are crap. Guys like Paul and Wes only sell what they know is best when there is an option. I don't know what's out there now, but the first batch of 67-68 hoods were really badly made. Really poor fitment. Of course all the vendors sold them. There was only one mfgr. Paul, after some complaints, decided to stop selling them and he made sure to spread the word. I'd sooner expect to see the world stop spinning than to see LMC, Truck Shop, Classic, or any other big vendor do that. They exist to sell us parts. Paul exists to assist others in building nice trucks

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-09-2024 at 07:47 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 11:09 AM   #14
chevmn

My issues (just my experiences), is the website is very difficult to navigate or locate specific items, and shipping cost is often excessive. Have not seen an issue with quality with Pauls. I run into the same issue sometimes with Rock Auto (high shipping, often from multiple locations), but often they are still the best price when compared to Oreilly which is usually ranks among the highest in price. It has come to the point I always price shop parts, as it is not unusual to see price (including shipping) be double or more.
chevmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 02:47 PM   #15
Joyridin

They have been great anytime I have ordered from them. There is no phone number, but they answer emails within a day.

The website is pretty archaic, but up-to-date.

My biggest issue is shipping. Although they have great products and service, the shipping is a killer. For bigger items or smaller orders, I unfortunately look elsewhere and get the shipping for about half the price.
Joyridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 03:19 PM   #16
Getter-Done

I am very happy with my last big order.
Everything showed up.

It was well packaged.
I will do business again with Paul.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 05:41 PM   #17
MikeB

I only started ordering from them last year, but the parts I received are first rate. And shipping charges are reasonable. I get the impression they are very familiar with each and every item they sell, and won't deal with second rate stuff.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 24 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 07:55 PM   #18
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyridin View Post
They have been great anytime I have ordered from them. There is no phone number, but they answer emails within a day.

The website is pretty archaic, but up-to-date.

My biggest issue is shipping. Although they have great products and service, the shipping is a killer. For bigger items or smaller orders, I unfortunately look elsewhere and get the shipping for about half the price.
It's best to use the phone or e-mail with the smaller vendors and I know that's true with Paul's. The website is for shopping and the phone/e-mail is for ordering. Plus, that way you speak with someone who can advise, not sell you the wrong parts you'd have to send back.

As far as shipping, I wouldn't know. But I stopped ordering from LMC after paying shipping based money spent on part. I way overpaid shipping for a steering wheel. That was a inferior p.o.s. that cracked in about 4 years and I hardly drove the truck. I sold the wheel on the parts board 5 years later and my average Joe cost was $15 compared to their shipping charge years before. And we pay more for shipping to the heavy hitters can get a deep discount

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 11:49 PM   #19
MikeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
But I stopped ordering from LMC after paying shipping based money spent on part.
Yes, and they aren't the only ones. You could buy a $10 part from LMC that weighs less than a pound, and pay $8.00 for shipping if you live on the east or west coast. But for a $100 part that weighs the same, the shipping cost would be $28.75.

I sent them an e-mail last year saying instead of giving customers an incentive to buy more, their shipping charges encourage us to spend as little as possible. I used Summit and Jegs as examples whose shipping policies encourage customers to buy more. What a concept!

But hey, you can get free shipping at LMC if your order is $2,500 or more.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 24 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 08:22 AM   #20
SWB

Spent around 2k with them a several months ago and had no issues.
Heights Pro G front sub,, Shockwave Air Ride, 383cu in etc..
SWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 08:51 AM   #21
Joyridin

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
It's best to use the phone or e-mail with the smaller vendors and I know that's true with Paul's. The website is for shopping and the phone/e-mail is for ordering. Plus, that way you speak with someone who can advise, not sell you the wrong parts you'd have to send back.

As far as shipping, I wouldn't know. But I stopped ordering from LMC after paying shipping based money spent on part. I way overpaid shipping for a steering wheel. That was a inferior p.o.s. that cracked in about 4 years and I hardly drove the truck. I sold the wheel on the parts board 5 years later and my average Joe cost was $15 compared to their shipping charge years before. And we pay more for shipping to the heavy hitters can get a deep discount
I agree on the phone. I believe they run the business as a side venture, so they do not have a person manning the phone lines all the time. Email stinks sometimes when you have a disagreement and they stop replying. You are basically screwed unless you drive to their facility.

GMCPauls also go by dollar amount. That is why their shipping is a bit out there on certain items. If the item is large, they charge you for freight shipping, so you can't seem to win either way.
Joyridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 09:59 AM   #22
SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyridin View Post
I agree on the phone. I believe they run the business as a side venture, so they do not have a person manning the phone lines all the time. Email stinks sometimes when you have a disagreement and they stop replying. You are basically screwed unless you drive to their facility.

GMCPauls also go by dollar amount. That is why their shipping is a bit out there on certain items. If the item is large, they charge you for freight shipping, so you can't seem to win either way.
I agree, my orders went through with no issues, but I was also in their area on business and want to stop in and save on shipping (two bumpers, Brackets etc.) and they said due to insurance reasons they have no walk-in customers.
Heights Pro G front sub,, Shockwave Air Ride, 383cu in etc..
SWB is offline   Reply With Quote