The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-24-2024, 05:01 PM   #1
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Unhappy Re: What do you like about the State you live in. Done with Ca

Steve,
i'm right there with you, we aint the small town we were when my parents moved here back in 1967 when i was 8 years old. seems like it gets worse every day with all the homeless, drugs , crime etc. my dad is 93 now and nearly every day says "if i wasn't so damn old i'd get the f&*k out of this $hit hole". he still has his house in susanville, ca. but it's too cold for him in the winter and i'm too broke down to cut firewood anymore. hunting up there used to be awesome but between the wolves, bears and mountain lions deer are an endangered species now. so i guess i'll die here in this hellhole.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 06:21 PM   #2
best view

Re: What do you like about the State you live in. Done with Ca

I was born in ca but escaped, i live in west coast of Florida in winter half mile from the beach i bought in 2021 , 3 bedroom 2 bath block house beautiful for 175 thousand went through 2 major hurricanes didn’t faze it , property taxes 2100.00 a yr includes trash pickup highest a/c in the summer is 46.00 a month set a 78 degrees the bad is happy hour will start a 11 in morning but will end by 4 ,beers usually at 3 to 4 then go to 5 ,and being on a beach with a band playing it’s hard to leave , ok then nh in the summer also 3 bed 2 bath in the woods same size house taxes 4 thou ,electric 80 month ,bring trash to the dump have a boat slip on the lake that you can drink the water out of lake . There is no reason why you would stay there unless you love being told what to do
best view is offline   Reply With Quote