The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-22-2004, 01:26 AM   #26
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Ohio has it where bikes can have blue dots, but cars/trucks can't
Quote:
I don't understand the anger with Harleys.Maybe the Harley rider has a stigma on him that people are not as likely to approach him
My main problem is all the noise. Yes, my truck is a little loud, however, I don't sit at the intersection talking to some one about how bad ass my vehicle is for 15 min, constantly revving the throttle every 20 seconds or so.
No, not all riders do that, but most do.
If my truck was 1/2 as loud as a hog, they'd take my keys.
I want blue dots....actually, i have them, but I do get sh!t about them from time to time. I have pointed out to 4 or 5 cops that even though my lenses do have blue dots, the LEDs in there glow red...even through the blue dot.

It's not tha biker i dislike, it is the snobery that <USUALLY> goes along with the bike, and the (exsesive) noise that they make.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 05:04 AM   #27
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man
Ohio has it where bikes can have blue dots, but cars/trucks can't

My main problem is all the noise. Yes, my truck is a little loud, however, I don't sit at the intersection talking to some one about how bad ass my vehicle is for 15 min, constantly revving the throttle every 20 seconds or so.
No, not all riders do that, but most do.
If my truck was 1/2 as loud as a hog, they'd take my keys.
I want blue dots....actually, i have them, but I do get sh!t about them from time to time. I have pointed out to 4 or 5 cops that even though my lenses do have blue dots, the LEDs in there glow red...even through the blue dot.

Quote:
It's not tha biker i dislike, it is the snobery that <USUALLY> goes along with the bike, and the (exsesive) noise that they make.
Longhorn man,I have not been on this board all that long.I have seen you give some good info to people,you probably have given me some good insight directly or indirectly.I am not always right.Maybe that is why I like this board so much,there is plenty of help here.I guess I should not take your quotes to personaly,I do realize they are not aimed at me..I love old chevy trucks and harleys.I am not a biker I am an enthusiast.Most of the guys I know who ride are good guys.Anyway I look forward to reading all the post that I can and absorb what i can.I am sure I will learn a lot from you Longhorn man.I am sorry for hijacking this thread.
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 02:08 AM   #28
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

First of all...no offence was intended.
No need to worry about hijacking the thread. I should have started that thread with what you just said...HD owners are not scum, nor bad, nor none of that other negitive crap that they have to put up with.
I'm not trying to tick anyone off, I know there are quite a few HD owners here, and many more who wish they did. It's just one of the things where we don't all agree with everyone else. It's nothing but my opinion.
Again, no offence intended to you or anyone else. (onless you're the one revvin outside my house at night )
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 02:26 AM   #29
chevycamaro1981

We race these things through the mud all the time with just open headers...never had a problem...valve problem might happen if its -30 degrees out....
chevycamaro1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 04:30 AM   #30
krazy_texan

in the winter running straight headers double over as a great feet warmer on your floorboard, lol though in my truck i am afraid to run it like that because with my pipes i am still shooting 2 foot flames with the back pressure on the highway, with no pipes i think i would catch something on fire.
1990 v1500 suburban
1967 Ford f100 Swb 4x4 "green bean"

GOD BLESS JESUS, JOHN WAYNE, AND THE ALAMO
krazy_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:19 AM   #31
longhorn71

just headers

I would not run open headers if it is cold out.I think you could cause damage to the valves.never up here in the winter time it can be 32F to -40F I think the change in temp. could warp or damage the valvetrain
longhorn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:53 AM   #32
botboy
Account Suspended

They say loud pipes save lives...and if I was riding a harley next to some dumb blonde soccer mom talking on her cell phone while scolding the brats in the backseat and putting on makeup I'd probably want her to know that I was next to her, even if it wasn't in a very nice way, just to save my scrawny self from getting run over. I've always wanted a crotch rocket but my previous, very, very bad luck with deer has always scared me away from them...
botboy is offline   Reply With Quote