The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #26
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: ok need help

Granted, it would be nice. It's your first truck, so I understand the sentiment. But, you asked and since you drive the Blazer, it makes sense to tackle the '65. My thinking is still Blazer....lowered and bagged for a good ride. Topless in the summer, with a tonneau that incorporates some T-bird style pods behind the seat backs that would extend downward into the interior between the seats to create a console, ala Corvette. Heck, you could swap the dash for something more Vette-like. With a lowered stance, and no vent windows, the Roadster look could come on board. Heck, you could fabricate some windshield posts that would allow for an ever-so-slightly curved windshield, ala a Cabriolet,but make sure the curve of the windshield matched that of the cowl. A chopped top could be an alternative, whether it was designed to cover the interior, or just be a more diminuitive single-cab look with a hard tonneau on the bed. Of course, with some more time, you can make it look like you want. You expressed ideas for the other two trucks, and I don't pretend to be able to tell you how to restyle your trucks. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #27
70 Suburban
Rods

well the blazer has 69000 original miles but is it 4wd. its compleat and working all the way down to the a/c.
if it was not so clean and have all the parts i would consider a 2wd. i love the roadster and it would be fast as hell....
70 Suburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #28
70 Suburban
Rods

well made my choice and started working on the 65 last night. welded the seam on the bed sides. and I have those damn steps in the side that I have to close the whole up on.
70 Suburban is offline   Reply With Quote