The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #26
bollybib

Re: how do you leave your truck alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevLoRay View Post
What I have learned is that some people will fix it until it breaks.
for sure. i've been that route, too.

My Daily Driver is a 1969 Chevrolet Custom/20 Fleetside 350/TH400/Eaton H052 4.10
and its Project thread is here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=456911
bollybib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #27
Mack81

I've learned about myself, if I take something apart to do it right and fix all the things I wanna fix, it turns into a giant chain reaction. While I should just fix what needs fixed to keep it up and running I always feel like I wanna do something drastic. And this is why some of my projects get abandoned and parted out. The waiting and waiting for disposable money is discouraging. I'm saving this ol' C10 from the same fate and tearing up the "To-Do" list. I'm gonna roll it as is. Realisticly I'll be driving it before this month is over. It is 100% safe, runs great, and looks cool IMO. I'm satisfied with that these days.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #28
MagmaJct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop's C-10 View Post
There is no such thing as fixing something that is not broke..
Thank You! I hate the "ain't broke don't fix it" expression. Many people have a false sense of what ain't broke. If a thermostat is missing, the wrong one, or stuck open, many people will still say the engine runs, thus it's "not" broken.

For me, I'd like to get the stock Q-Jet installed instead of the Carter AFB. But I don't have all the choke parts for the Q-Jet so I have to maintain the AFB the best I can.

No money and owning an old 1974 VW Super Beetle keeps reminding me that I need a balanced approach to keeping these vehicles alive.
MagmaJct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #29
bollybib

Interesting thread.

My Daily Driver is a 1969 Chevrolet Custom/20 Fleetside 350/TH400/Eaton H052 4.10
and its Project thread is here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=456911
bollybib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:28 AM   #30
tonypaul

For the past 7 years I have had some kind of project going on, drag car, v8 s10, 1968 GMC swb, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo, now everything is done..... Sure there are a few little things I could go back and tweek on, but after all the welding, body work, painting, engine swapping, ect, they seem meaningless. Im so bored right now cause I dont have any major project going on. Im spending my days searching through craigslist for the next "right" project but nothing has caught my eye.... yet...
tonypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:14 AM   #31
Mack81

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypaul View Post
For the past 7 years I have had some kind of project going on, drag car, v8 s10, 1968 GMC swb, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo, now everything is done..... Sure there are a few little things I could go back and tweek on, but after all the welding, body work, painting, engine swapping, ect, they seem meaningless. Im so bored right now cause I dont have any major project going on. Im spending my days searching through craigslist for the next "right" project but nothing has caught my eye.... yet...
I'm sure that Lambo is probably just getting in your way at this point. You should definately drop it off at my house and I'll see to it you get a "project"
J/K that truck is so nice...good work