The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-09-2014, 09:40 PM   #76
jrfonte

Re: just an old truck I got in a trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyBuzzard View Post
I saw you had all new body bushings and hardware. What kit is that? Are the body bushings you got rubber or poly?

I have been trying to decide if I want to go poly or rubber. However, the only kit I can find that comes with hardware is a rubber body bushing kit from lmc for like $170.
The body bushing kit I have is the one from lmc. They are rubber bushings. I was told the poly have a rougher ride as in you can feel every little bump and the rubber are softer more like factory. A couple guys who have ran both told me this so I went with the rubber.
jrfonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #77
jrfonte

Got my tie rods and everything installed today. Got off work early and painted them and put them on. Cant install the gearbox yet had to take it off to remove the pitman arm to put my new one in and broke my puller trying to get it off. Ill cut it off tomorrow with a matabo wheel since I dont want to buy another puller just for that.

I also didnt think about it at the time of instalation but I should have painted the new spindles and calipers im going to have to address that issue shortly since I noticed they are begining to rust up.
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #78
NastyBuzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfonte View Post
The body bushing kit I have is the one from lmc. They are rubber bushings. I was told the poly have a rougher ride as in you can feel every little bump and the rubber are softer more like factory. A couple guys who have ran both told me this so I went with the rubber.
Sounds like I will probably end up going with rubber then. My 87 4x4 Longbed rides rough enough as is.
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #79
jrfonte

This little 20 dollar dipstick is the reason behind this whole build
Attached Images