The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #1
Rusty Shacleford

Drew's 72 K10 Shortbed

Hello all. I've been a forum observer for quite some time, building ideas for my own project. Like most everyone, it is going to be a slow process that really only moves forward when I can get the old lady to turn loose of a little cash .

Anyway, a little background on the truck. I bought it in 2009 to be a daily driver. I got a pretty good deal on it because both axles and the transfer case were shot. The engine was also needed a water pump and a general tune-up. As far as the body goes it was in pretty good shape. It is the kind of truck that looks really good going down the road, but you're disappointed when you get close. The PO gave it a quickie paint job and it showed. It was originally a longbed that was shortened.

I had a heavy half 80 farm truck that I robbed the axles and transfer case off of before I sent it to the crusher. At that point I was driving it to work every day. Not long after that I ended up with a company car and the 72 became garage art, then yard art when the wife made me move it out of the garage.

The plan is to swap in a 5.3/4l60e. I've kicked the idea of changing from the stepside to a SWB. Then, a friend of mine that is building a 72 C10 with his son told me he wants the stepside bed, so I let that make my decision for me. Surprisingly I've already got a bead on a local SWB, but I'm not sure what kind of shape it's in.

Here are some photos of the truck when I bought it.

And the truck after about 8 hours (with help from the wife's brother) over the weekend.

Wish me luck.

Drew's 72 K10
85 k10 AKA "The Turd"
Rusty Shacleford is offline   Reply With Quote