The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #1351
entourageguy
Yellow truck club

Re: 58 GMC Project

Whew !!!
Can't be too careful when you get old like us Dave ...

Brian ......

My hub garage address
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/59apache
I gue$$ everything has it'$ price
ALL GONE NOW

59 Chev Apache
PRAISE THE LOWERED
350 700r lokar shifter
power MII front end, shockwaves
tilt, 4 wheel discs
4-link and bags
10 bolt limited
entourageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #1352
OrrieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by entourageguy View Post
Whew !!!
Can't be too careful when you get old like us Dave ...
Ditto, last year I ended up at my docs with severe chest pains, turned out to be esphogus spasm. He said the same thing, better to be safe than end up on a slab. Good news is carpal tunnel is very fixable if caught before nerve damage, my wife has had both hands done and does fine now.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #1353
CAL 58 GMC

Thanks again for everyones concern!

Now, let me share we you all my latist add on to my truck. It's a PRC Aluminum Radiator. It's the same one pgf545 bought for his Dad's truck. Also after to almost three years since I got my truck on the road I finaly got all of my AC line hooked up and it's ready to be charged. Here's a few pics.
Attached Images

CAL 58 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #1354
entourageguy
Yellow truck club

Yea just what you need more "bling" under the hood Dave!!!
Lookin' good .....

Brian ......

My hub garage address
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/59apache
I gue$$ everything has it'$ price
ALL GONE NOW

59 Chev Apache
PRAISE THE LOWERED
350 700r lokar shifter
power MII front end, shockwaves
tilt, 4 wheel discs
4-link and bags
10 bolt limited
entourageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:04 PM   #1355
Daniel U

Looks very nice. Good to hear your health is well. Take care, Daniel U
Mom's 1954 (TBI 5.7/700R4/14 bolt 4:10) 5 Chevrolet window 3/4 ton long bed Pick up
build thread ->http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=228674
My 1954 (TPI 5.7/700R4/10 bolt 3:73) Chevrolet 5 window 1/2 ton short bed Pick up
build thread->http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...3&goto=newpost
1960 (400/T350/?) Apache 10 short/fleet side-big window
1973 (TPI 5.7/700R4/14 bolt 4:10 w DANA 60 front) Chevrolet Cheyenne 4X4
2013 (Vortec 5.3/6-speed 6L90 automatic) Sierra LT CREW CAB
Doing my part to warm the globe
Daniel U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #1356
pgf545

Hey Dave glad you are ok. That is the most important thing.

What so you think of the radiator? I was really impressed with the quality of it. I still haven't run it yet but if it cools as good as it looks it should never get over 160...lol.

Bernie
Old 06-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #1357
CAL 58 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel U View Post
Looks very nice. Good to hear your health is well. Take care, Daniel U
Thanks Daniel! It scared the you know what out of me at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgf545
Hey Dave glad you are ok. That is the most important thing.

What so you think of the radiator? I was really impressed with the quality of it. I still haven't run it yet but if it cools as good as it looks it should never get over 160...lol.

Bernie
Thanks Bernie. I can tell you I was praying to big guy above when I was sitting in the ER.

The radiator works great and like you said, the quality is really good. My only complaint is the mount brackets should have be pre-drilled or at lest had a template for drill the holes.[/quote]

Last edited by CAL 58 GMC; 06-07-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #1358
JML55

Very good to hear everything is good.

Did you retrofit the fan/shroud from the old rad or did it come with the new rad?
Thanks Jean-Marc
55 Belair
99 S10

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=316140
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=806011
JML55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #1359
CAL 58 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JML55 View Post
Very good to hear everything is good.

Did you retrofit the fan/shroud from the old rad or did it come with the new rad?
Thanks Jean-Marc
It came with a new shroud.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #1360
my67chevytruck
Under Construction

glad to hear all is well. I have bi-laterl carpal tunnel. It doesnt help that i am in I.T. , and type a hell of a lot. The tingling/numbness is a mofo, but you kinda get use to it after several years. Wrenching on stuff takes me double what is use too as i have to stop and stretch my hands due to the tingling/numbness.

subscribe to the board here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=157669
FAQ how to's

1956 Chevy Apache
1967 C10 SWB FleetSide (under construction)
1969 K10 SWB FleetSide (Future Build)
1972 C10 SWB Stepside (Future Build)

56 chevy truck :
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2955823/1

67 truck build:

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=281357/1

69 k10:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=389470
my67chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:58 AM   #1361
JML55

What did you do about the rear diff pinion offset?
I'm using the same diff for my project.
Thanks, JM
55 Belair
99 S10

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=316140
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=806011
JML55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #1362
CAL 58 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JML55 View Post
What did you do about the rear diff pinion offset?
I'm using the same diff for my project.
Thanks, JM
The pinion is offset towards the passengers side.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #1363
hotrodrookie

I have similar scenario, I plan on using a fo** 8.8 with a 4 link but the pinion is 2-3/16" to the passenger side. How much is too much?
hotrodrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #1364
CAL 58 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodrookie View Post
I have similar scenario, I plan on using a fo** 8.8 with a 4 link but the pinion is 2-3/16" to the passenger side. How much is too much?
Just make sure the differential is centered to your frame the factory has set the pinion offset so I wouldn't worry to much about the angle.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #1365
dragonstruck

A truly inspirational Chevy Taskforce project. Thanks for the many photos and posts. Congratulations!
dragonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:16 AM   #1366
CAL 58 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstruck View Post
A truly inspirational Chevy Taskforce project. Thanks for the many photos and posts. Congratulations!
Thanks man! I'm glade it can still inspire people.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:22 AM   #1367
Blitz
Mr. Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL 58 GMC View Post
Thanks man! I'm glade it can still inspire people.

That shouldn't surprise you. It's simply a gorgeous truck. I'm sure I'm not the only one that felt like the kid in that movie Neverending Story. Couldn't quit reading.

I do have a question for you though...Where'd you score the Torque Thrust II rims? Might be looking for a set if they aren't too expensive.
Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #1368
CAL 58 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post

I do have a question for you though...Where'd you score the Torque Thrust II rims? Might be looking for a set if they aren't too expensive.
I got the rims from Summit Racing. They were special ordered from American Racing. The rims from 18 in. to 20's all have to be special ordered. The 20's were about $450 each and the 18's were just over $300 each.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #1369
Blitz
Mr. Thread Killer

Quote:
I got the rims from Summit Racing. They were special ordered from American Racing. The rims from 18 in. to 20's all have to be special ordered. The 20's were about $450 each and the 18's were just over $300 each.
Appreciate the help. Any developments on the next future video? I watched video 2 (again) and I guess YouTube has taken it upon themselves to mute the audio.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #1370
CAL 58 GMC

Quote:
Appreciate the help. Any developments on the next future video? I watched video 2 (again) and I guess YouTube has taken it upon themselves to mute the audio.
YouTube put the mute on it becuase I used one of ZZ Tops songs and I don't have copy rights to it. Go figure, like I was trying to make money off of there songs?
Old 08-18-2009, 07:33 AM   #1371
dragonstruck

Smile Re: 58 GMC Project

Quote:
YouTube put the mute on it becuase I used one of ZZ Tops songs and I don't have copy rights to it. Go figure, like I was trying to make money off of there songs?

Yeah IP or Intellectual Property has taken a more serious tone as part of controlling illegal downloads. It may have been that it wasn't you ZZ was worried about as much as someone else who may copy the sound file off your clip or perhaps ZZ would have liked permission from them to use their song as part of your video. It is also a way to keep You Tube on its toes regarding IP to prevent it from becoming another Napster or Limewire however inadvertently. Let's face it, with the advent of the internet, the music industry has taken a dive in royalty revenues unlike the days when vinyl records were the only medium, 33's, 45's, 78's were impossible to copy for world wide dissemination same for tape and song writers do have a right to control their song rights. Artists get ripped off anyway as record companies back in the days of vinyl and most likely tapes and CD's would print "cleans" meaning records that the company did not report to the artist as sales so musicians have been getting ripped off for centuries. Back in the days of sheet music, the printer got $0.99 while the song writer got $0.01 per sale of copies of the sheet music.

I would have liked to have heard the sound of your fantastic truck revving up and down the road anyway so if you can, find a way to add real street- where- you- live, audio.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #1372
Blitz
Mr. Thread Killer

I was thinking that or if there is any way to go back and edit the ZZ top out of the video. I'm not familiar with video editing software but, in my mind, it would seem you had to combine the video and audio at some point. I know it may be a tedious task but for those of us that keep sneeking little peeks of the video it would mean a lot.

Also, I wonder if it's because it's a well known artist that they are able to identify it in the first place. Possibly the use of a lesser known artist or as mentioned above a local artist (hey, promotes new talent) would be the way to go. Also, is there any way TO get permission without lots of paperwork and royalty fees? Maybe that should be YouTube's next step is to find a way to compromise for both parties. I would HATE to see casual YouTube videos pay royaltees but if it was just a matter of a simple request app and approval/denial process it would be more understandable than NO audio at all.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #1373
dragonstruck

Quote:
I was thinking that or if there is any way to go back and edit the ZZ top out of the video. I'm not familiar with video editing software but, in my mind, it would seem you had to combine the video and audio at some point. I know it may be a tedious task but for those of us that keep sneeking little peeks of the video it would mean a lot.

Also, I wonder if it's because it's a well known artist that they are able to identify it in the first place. Possibly the use of a lesser known artist or as mentioned above a local artist (hey, promotes new talent) would be the way to go. Also, is there any way TO get permission without lots of paperwork and royalty fees? Maybe that should be YouTube's next step is to find a way to compromise for both parties. I would HATE to see casual YouTube videos pay royaltees but if it was just a matter of a simple request app and approval/denial process it would be more understandable than NO audio at all.
I think it depends on the artist if they have their publishing companies check as most famous artists have publishing companies like ASCAP and BMI monitor all air play and plays in bars and restaurants. Every time a song gets played on a radio station for example, that radio station owes a few cents to the publishing company who takes a cut for policing the play and then shares it with the song writer or owner of the song and its publishing. You can get licenses on specific songs but you'd have to find out who the song is published with and ask them. And there may be a fee involved. You Tube, I imagine, only mutes IP for artists that ask them to do so as You Tube is not a publishing company. They will pull videos even, if the owner of the footage complains or the video is embedded on another website without permission. It may be more hassle than it's worth to put a known song alongside your video. Some famous artists don't care if their songs are used taking the attitude that it's publicity for them and expect you to pay to go see the concert. But more established artists, they may want to get every penny owed them as they get on in years. When it comes to vehicles, I think most want to hear the vehicle move rather than watch a music video.

I think it would be easier to upload a new clip with the new audio than to remove the audio from your already uploaded clip and title it the same thing but "with new audio."
Old 08-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #1374
Blitz
Mr. Thread Killer

Yeah, essentially that's what I meant or was thinking. Just upload the video w/o the music on it if he still has it. Cross fingers. I think for his length of video (the shots of his son driving) some type of music is good as it keeps you in it. If no music is involved, that's where good editing comes in. I've always wanted to get into making videos and editing but I guess it's just something I haven't pushed myself into. Bottom line I would at least post a new video w/o the music on it and if possible put some approved/easier to sneek by music in the background.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #1375
Breader

WOW..nice truck CAL 58 GMC i just found this post it took forever to read all the pages but i was hooked and couldn't stop. I bought a project truck that was already started its a 59 fleetside with a 55 front clip i wish i could work on it right now but i cant until January of next year thats when i get out of a misreable lease and i can move to a house with no associations and i can bring my truck home from storage. i hope it looks atleast half as nice as yours does Great job man. your build has truly inspired me.
Breader is offline   Reply With Quote