The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
vintagesteel

Re: Not Bad for Spray Paint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
hey vintagesteel, not to hi-jack the thread, but id be instrested in some of the vehicles you've did the paint/body work....would you make a thread showing this??
What would be the point in this? To SHOW you what I know? I'm just asking legit questions( Why did he decide on using rustoleum? And with all the work it looks like he's done, does his truck NOT deserve to have a better paint job? ) and giving advice(For a couple of hundred dollars, MAACO will put decent paint on). If his truck DOESN'T desrve a better paint job, then go for it. If he stops and thinks about it and decides it DOES, then it will SAVE him money because then it wont have to have all that rattle can stripped back off for a better job.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
68 short step

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagesteel View Post
What would be the point in this? .
point is, im instrested in finding a good paint/body person to do the paint/body for some of the trucks i do....you claim to be a paint/body guy for over 20 years, you offer discourageing help, put down others, and have yet to back-up your skills.....im not a fan of painting your truck with a rattle can or useing maaco either, but i kept my mouth shut...so the point is, your words would have more credit, and sound less condescending, if you offer help with less attitude....also i wanna see how good your work is
Old 04-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
vintagesteel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
point is, im instrested in finding a good paint/body person to do the paint/body for some of the trucks i do....you claim to be a paint/body guy for over 20 years, you offer discourageing help, put down others, and have yet to back-up your skills.....im not a fan of painting your truck with a rattle can or useing maaco either, but i kept my mouth shut...so the point is, your words would have more credit, and sound less condescending, if you offer help with less attitude....also i wanna see how good your work is
I HAVE been a paint/body guy for 21 years.
What discouraging help?
I will appologize for putting him down
As far as backing up my skills, read all my posts, I think I've backed up PLENTY
As far as my words would have more credit... I've appologized for the attitude, and NOTHING I said was FALSE. I'm NOT a fan of MAACO.But it's obvious he wants to do it inexpensively. You will not get a cheaper job than letting MAACO do it, especially if you dont have a place to do it your self or the skills with AUTOMOTIVE paint, . Its a fact. Prep the truck, let them spray. Then when it cures wet sand and polish. And MAACO is STILL 1000 times better than rattle can, or ANYTHING put out by rustoleum, Duplicolor, KRYLON....
Closed Thread