The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #1
slepysal

mini road trip drama

Took a drive to Hollister today to drop off a dresser for my grand daughter( Didn't have your number John)
Hollister is about 45 miles away so this would be a maiden trip since putting in the 3.73's in.
She drove nice 185 degrees on the temp gauge oil pressure fine too but I noticed the brake pedal was a bit hard, and had hardly any play not allowing the brake light switch to work. I pulled over and adjusted the pushrod and was back on the road.

10 miles down the road get the same hard pedal. Pulled over again and readjusted it again. I noticed the dust boot was bunched up, too small and the push rod was not "sliding" thru it. I pulled the boot loose and off I go the problem didn't come back.

On the way back I get a little weird idle problem and the there is a little popping on deceleration. but she is running fine. Other then my cd player going out there was no other problems
I get home and lift the hood and notice my vacuum line has come loose from the carb ,and has broken off from the vacuum advance.
What would a road trip be with out a little drama ?
Good guys show next week will see how she drives then.

"Over, Around or through it... "

Last edited by slepysal; 08-19-2013 at 12:05 AM.
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote