The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-26-2006, 04:52 PM   #26
jamis
F.A.S.T. president

Re: Harborfreight.com

Ordering from Harborfreight is the worse, but the stores aren’t bad. Ive been to a couple and most employees are willing to help just not very knowledgeable. Think of it like talking to a Wallmart greeter at a hardware store, they smile but don’t have a clue.

I buy a their wrenches because you can cut and bend to fit your needs.......you wont do that with a Snap-on.
There impact sockets are Ok specially if you work in the field...if you loose it, its no big deal.
And for those of you that work on heavy equipment....do you really want to drop the belly pan on a D9 just because you dropped a wrench down there? I didn’t think so, just grab another 99 cent wrench and keep working.

"A fear of the Sawsall is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ~Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"
jamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 05:19 AM   #27
GMC Jim

I feel the previous comments can be summed up with-------- You get pretty much what you pay for from any company.... Also, it sure makes sense to determine the usage of a tool; in other words you don't need Snap On quality (and price!) for very limited usage. Myself, The tools I use infrequently are all Harbor Freight. A HF outlet is only about 15 minutes from me; so that does make a difference. As to warrantly; I have found their response to be excellent. And I do have many good tools, Craftsman, Snap On etc. and you old timres will recognize Blackhawk, Proto, Plumb, ( the 'U" in Plumb ,was shaped like a triangle on the box end wrench set I have had for over 50 years !!!)......For the purists, Nicholson Files, Irwin bits, Plumb hammers, Disston and Atkins saws are top companies in their field...... Just my 2 bits worth ... lol.................Jim
Old 08-15-2006, 12:01 AM   #28
alpha_male0203
95 extended cab sportside

Well I can get people discounts at Matco tools. I can get anything of there site. If you need anything or just want a price. 1st find the item just give the number. 2nd send me and email with the number in the message (alpha_male0203@yahoo.com. 3rd i will send an email within 2 days from you sending it and reply with what you would of paid and then a price i can sell you it. Within week maybe 2 you will have it in your home for a discount.

I am not here to rip anyone off. I work at a place and we get discounts.
I can get anything off the site that you want. My goal is to help your collection and give you a better cost. I can also get snapon but it will take longer to get them. Again i can get anything.

Email me if you have any questions. Please put Matco/Snap-on Tools in the subject.

THanks Everyone
Happy shoppping

95 Chevy k 1500
00 Chevy Silverado 1500
07 cobalt Old ladies car]
alpha_male0203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:09 PM   #29
bean

I was thinking of buying one of Harbor freight's sandblasters. Has anyone had with experience with theirs?
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:18 PM   #30
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

I love mine! The only thing I did to it was to replace the cheapo light with a heavy duty bulb and a switch on top. Much better now. I haven't had one problem with it in over 2 years of use.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:26 PM   #31
lou6t4gto

been buying from them for 25 years. that is about the ONLY neg thing I've ever run accross, that if somethings back ordered you don't know it for a week, bad policy. but concidering all the stuuf I've bought from them in a looong time, their product & delivery have been ALOT better than most places. Now I've got a harbour freight store down the street so it works out fine. the stores are owned by 1 brother & the mail order/ internet is owned by the other, different bussinesses.
lou6t4gto is offline   Reply With Quote