The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Part Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-13-2004, 10:47 AM   #1
super_kev
Wonder Boy

Exclamation (2) '56 pickups for sale

A friend of mine has two '56 Chevy longbed pickups for sale:

The big window is in good condition with no dents on the cab that I can see, doors are fine and on the cab, floorpans look ok, not rusted through, bed sides are in good condition, tailgate is a little dented. Door glass is broken, windshield is cracked, but big window rear window is ok. Common rusted out areas are the cab corners. It was driving 10 years ago. The engine and transmission are out in his shed. I haven't been able to dig through his shed to see what kind of engine it was, but he thought it was a 350. $1500.

The small window longbed was bought as a parts truck. Cab doesn't have any dents that I can see, rear fenders have some dents, tailgate has dents. It's complete, but the floor pans are rusted through in places along with cab corner rust (nothing aftermarket patch panels won't fix,) hood, fenders, 2 sets of doors. Small window rear and windshield are fine, no cracks. No motor or tranny. $1000.

Both have wheels and hold air, and both have the front fenders, and hood taken off and stored alongside a shed. The front fenders look pretty good, some have dents by the headlight, but can be fixed. The hoods are in good shape. They were going to be used for some project cars, but his son lost interest and so they have been sitting in his yard for over 10 years. My friend and his wife want to get them out of their yard. I have pictures if anyone is interested. Trucks are located in Mt. Shasta, about 3.5 hours north of Sacramento, and 1.5 hours south of Medford, OR.