The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-16-2006, 12:19 AM   #1
wibilly

1 step forward 3 steps back

after spending the weekend guting my new rust free doors,welding all the mirror holes[at least 1 set for every style mirror ever used on these trucks]wire brushing the insides, coating with rust converter then epoxy primer and straightening all the little dents and dings straightening my goodmark fenders iwas getting ready to spray with a couple coats of feather fill tonight. well that ain't happening! i hung the driver door on a hook over the garage door track. don't ask me how but next thing i know i was picking that mangeled mess up off the floor and speaking my best french. yea it bent both corners to about a 45 degre angle. why the f do i even bother i could have went and bought a compleated truck been enjoying it , saved myself 6 months and a bucket full of money not to mention looking like i live in a cole mine daily. it just pisses me off after working till 3 in the morning almost daily and i just start to see a little progress somthing like this happens, good day
Old 03-16-2006, 12:44 AM   #2
kaycee

Talking Re: 1 step forward 3 steps back

Its the satisfaction of telling everyone that" I did it myself" dont feel down I do the same sh#$ now and again.It will be well worth it in the end:bansex:
63 IMPALA 327
kaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:52 AM   #3
72armyswbtruck

Re: 1 step forward 3 steps back

Poor Poor you, that really sucks, but just imagine what it will look like once you are finally done, and besides you did it yourself. So much more fulfilling. Don't stop, your going to get there
Old 03-16-2006, 12:55 AM   #4
davidh

Sometimes it's good to take a few days or week even off. come back and be refreshed. You can't do the marathon thing all night working all the time with out burn out. Even the commericialized shows of car buildups only last a week. I'm sure they recover for a week after.
davidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:06 AM   #5
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

It happens.I dunno how many times I've shot myself in the foot on my project,but I will tell you this....that damned thing ain't gonna beat me!!!
At least that's my attitude when crap happens.
'66 long step (parked till it's turn comes around)
'65 short step (parts truck that will donate it's bed and possibly frame to the '66)
'06 Grand Prix wife's car (she hardly lets me touch it)
my pics
Rollie396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:40 AM   #6
Ron 586
RIP Mr Ron

I should leave this buried in my past but what the hell. Winter of 1981 had a 30 by 30 shop with wood heat. Worked for 6 weeks every day after work and all weekend every weekend on a 1976 Cutlass Supreme 2 dr. 1/2 vinyl roof. At the time it was a $1800 - $2000 car that I had traded a $300 pickup for. Selling that was going to be Christmas money. The owner was known to take a sip or two on most any weekend so it needed both sides slicked up and painted all over. Paint job was done (6 coats) looked good. Just need to stoke up the stove before going in for the night. Chunk-ed big stick of wood in and old stove pipe pulled out of flue and fell across hood of fresh painted Cutlass. Filled shop up with smoke and black soot everywhere. (Did I mention car was white) Took water hose put out fire and went in the house. Took a week off didn't even unlock the door before cleaning up that mess. Hang in there. It'll get better.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

TN Message Forum

TN Facebook Group

SETN Truck Show

My Photobucket
Ron 586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 02:04 AM   #7
wibilly

well i fixed it or should i say covered it up it just sucks to put all that filler in a hundred dollar replacement door thats why i bought them. if i wanted a bondo buggy i would have used the doors that came on it i cut te rust out of them and welded in patches but when i seen these i had to have them cause they were so nice and the old ones will go on my redneck truck. i guess if i find another nice one before i spray this pig i'll buy another if not what the hell it's just another pos taking up valuable space anyway, right!