The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-19-2002, 10:04 PM   #1
gabet40

Can anyone get magnaflow mufflers cheap?

i want to switch from flowmasters to magnaflows but my exhaust show is steady at $150/muffler. and they said that theres no way to get them out of a wherehouse cuz magnaflows go strictly through dealers. but i figure theres gotta be someone on here that can get them cheaper. how bout it? thanx in advance

Former owner of:
69 1/2 ton, change from long/fleet to short/fleet, shaved door handles, shaved tailgate, 4/6 drop, power windows, 700r4
72 blazer, 350 with Holley Commander 950 DFI, crane energizer cam, 350 tranny, dual sanderson blockhuggers/magnaflow exhaust
gabet40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 10:10 PM   #2
Zkast
Account Suspended

A friend of mine owns a muffler shop here in Olathe. I'll call him tomorrow and find out what kind of price he will give me. What exactly are you looking for? Stainless Steel or just the universal oval?
Zkast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 07:06 AM   #3
Church
Carolina Classic Trucks

I'll have them in about a week or so. Why are you switching?
Old 08-20-2002, 01:27 PM   #4
gabet40

magnaflows give more of a deeper sound as opposed to a somewhat tinny sound flowmasters have when theyre compared. plus theres absolutely no backflow pressure, completely straight through with magnaflows (more power baby). im also changing headers and im tired of it bein so loud. as of right now my exhaust stops under the cab right after the flows so ill bring em back more to see how much it can volume it down
i want to stay with true dual but that all depends on how cheap i can get the magnaflows. but if i go with just one, ill go 3" pipes from the collectors to the muffler, no resistance through the muffler and 2 2 1/2" pipes of of it, i wont lose any power than true dual with flowmasters. but of course, if i can get them pretty cheap, true dual and an h-pipe and im set to run em
zcast -just the universal oval. thanx.

Former owner of:
69 1/2 ton, change from long/fleet to short/fleet, shaved door handles, shaved tailgate, 4/6 drop, power windows, 700r4
72 blazer, 350 with Holley Commander 950 DFI, crane energizer cam, 350 tranny, dual sanderson blockhuggers/magnaflow exhaust
Old 08-20-2002, 01:54 PM   #5
Dropt72Shortbed

Quote:
Originally posted by gabet40
magnaflows give more of a deeper sound as opposed to a somewhat tinny sound flowmasters have when theyre compared. plus theres absolutely no backflow pressure, completely straight through with magnaflows (more power baby). im also changing headers and im tired of it bein so loud. as of right now my exhaust stops under the cab right after the flows so ill bring em back more to see how much it can volume it down
i want to stay with true dual but that all depends on how cheap i can get the magnaflows. but if i go with just one, ill go 3" pipes from the collectors to the muffler, no resistance through the muffler and 2 2 1/2" pipes of of it, i wont lose any power than true dual with flowmasters. but of course, if i can get them pretty cheap, true dual and an h-pipe and im set to run em
zcast -just the universal oval. thanx.
i wouldnt say deeper...

on my 2001 blazer w/ 4.3 i have a 40 series non delta flow flowmaster (the original flow, also the loudest) with turndown. on my friends 1999 s10 w/ 4.3 he has a magnaflow with turndown, the smallest sized one so im also guessing its the loudest of the magnaflows.

these are the exact same engines. my exhaust is ALOT deeper and louder. however my flowmaster is annoyingly loud, i set of car alarms everywhere, going into a enclosed parking structure ill set off at least 5-10 alarms. but the reason ill be switching is because i cant take the interior noise level that the flowmasters have. if you take the flowmaster i have, 40series non delta, as loud as it is outside, thats how loud it is inside the vehicle. i could switch to a 50 series flowmaster or a deltaflow version but the deltaflows sound horrible on everything and the 50 series is just wayyy to quite.

ill be switching to magnaflows just because theyre quiter yet still have a nice deep tone to them, even on a 4.3 6cyl.
Dropt72Shortbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 03:12 PM   #6
gabet40

also more good reasons. i was just going off of what the exhaust shop told me. but no doubt theyre better performance with no restriction at all.

and thanx for the help guys but look what i found http://www.exhaustproslinc.com/magalmuf.html $65 each! i ordered two on the spot. hopefully more use this link and upgrade their exhaust, glad to help

Former owner of:
Old 08-20-2002, 05:13 PM   #7
greasemonkey

I just got my brand new dual exhaust with Flowmaster 40 Deltas, and it is much quieter. But then, I routed it out the back with the mufflers in front of the rear axle, and I had open pipes ending in front of the back tires before, so......
1987 Jimmy
2004 Tahoe
2005 Silverado 1500
2005 Silverado 3500
greasemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote