The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-29-2002, 01:25 PM   #1
dion
72 Cheyenne

Bad truck day, for me not the truck.

Yesterday I went to Rite Aid to buy some beer, pulled into the parking lot. I needed to get some food so I ran next door to Vons and figured I'd run into Rite Aid after, I came out of Vons and my truck was gone. I stood there for a while in a daze trying to rationalize the situation, maybe I parked it somewhere else or something and I just pictured some scumbag flying down the highway in my truck and how my life had just completely changed then I realized up the street there was a Street Fair going on and the parking lot was for customers only, which I was I just went into Vons frist, yup they towed it. The store had hired a company to police the lot and tow non customer cars. I was happy at first, it didn't get stolen then I got pissed, I started yelling at the guy and he said I should have went to Rite Aid first and he wouldn't have towed me so I went in and went off on the asst. manager, they know me at this store, I go in there 5 times a week, she said there was nothing she could do and come back and talk to the main manager, I'm going back today. Anyway I call my wife to pick me up, she starts yelling at the guy while I'm insde buying something, we go to pick the truck up, $185 cash, and the windows are down, why did they need to get inside? Strange, the seat was all the way back too. To top the day off I ran out of gas on the way home, my wife had to get back in her car and come take me to the gas station and back out to the truck. All I can do is laugh about it now but man what a crappy day.
1966/67Stouts

Last edited by dion; 09-29-2002 at 02:48 PM.
dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 01:55 PM   #2
72 Super

Bad day yes,but atleast your truck wasnt damaged or stolen.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:22 PM   #3
Smitty

How much does that come to for each beer Dion? Glad you must have finally filled the tank. Because I saw you flying in the fast lane headed South to work this morning! Catch ya later. Smitty
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote