The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-30-2002, 10:26 PM   #1
frisky68

electrical problem

When i pulled the instrument cluster out of my 69 I lost all my internal power..no ignition, no battery power....no lights..when i was pulling the light switch rod out, i'm wondering if something shorted out, because the assembly pulled apart extremely hard..I had power to the engine comp. side of the fuseblock, but had nothing inside....i pulled the plug on the block and spayed it out w/ electrical cleaner....and then everything worked again...i had to replace the light switch because when the other 1 came apart it broke....now I have nothing again..i do have power to the battery terminals on the fuseblock, but have no power to any of the fuses, and nothing to the ignition terminals w/ the key on and no headlights again...any ideas ???? I originally thought maybe the ignition switch, but that shouldnt affect the lights...any thoughts
Old 10-01-2002, 08:11 AM   #2
JimKshortstep4x4

Smile

I would check for power at the bulkhead connector if you know that the fusible link is still good, (the one between the right fender terminal and the radiator).

Jim
JimKshortstep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote