The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-17-2002, 04:03 PM   #1
sawzall

question about brothers disk brake kit

ok I will prohably get blasted for not doing an intro first but I have a question that hopefully someone can help me with.

brothers sells a kit that allows you to convert the rotors and calipers on the front of your 67 - 72 chevy truck to a 4 and 3/4 inch bolt circle. I believe this involves new rotors and calipers and maybe caliper brackets? anyone ever bought one of these kits? I am considering one but wonder what the rotors are from. What I mean is are they a stock gm part? or are they some custom thing that I wouldn't be able to find if I ever had a problem with them. any body know what calipers are used?

my intro

sawzall from phoenixville, pa
I have a 48 ford truck on a 67 chevy truck chassis with full air ride. looking for a way to adapt car bolt circle wheels to the truck. thanks
1948 ford truck with 67 chevy truck chassis
sawzall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 09:45 PM   #2
sawzall

sawzall

I called brothers today and the kit I am speaking of uses a camaro rotor, but it uses a custom bracket to hold the brake caliper and you must have a 65- 69? spindle, from what I gather this kit is used to replace drum brakes on earlier trucks. anybody out there know any other specifics on this kit?

thanks sawzall
1948 ford truck with 67 chevy truck chassis
sawzall is offline   Reply With Quote