The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-15-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
WIDESIDE72

We need more good people like Dan Foust

I have to take a minute to let you know that there truly are still honorable people in the world. His handle on here is "bigdon-70blazer". His name is Don Foust. I have been looking for Cheyenne headliner trim for my nephew's 72 Cheyenne for over a year now. I know we can buy repro for $100, but he is in high school and only has a limited budget. I posted a "wanted" ad on here for some original trim. Don replied that he knew where to find some in a local wrecking yard, and that he only wanted what he would have to give for it. After I went over how to get it out without breaking it, Don sent me not only the trim, but a nice original black headliner as well. Don said he only gave $5 for all this! He also said shipping was $17, which seems cheap for something this big. How much did Don as for?

Wait for it...

wait...

$25!!!

I gladly sent him a check. He did all this for $3!!! He never asked that I sent payment first! Even I can say that I have become jaded to the point that I am hesitant to do this for a stranger. Most of you know that he could have easily gotten $100+ for all this. (too late now, Don HAHA!) I have a guy in Indiana (not on this forum) who has had my $105 for a tailgate since Sept (EBAY) and still no tail gate. That is what differentiates guys like Don, a true gentleman and good person to have in your corner, versus thieving scum bags on the net! Thanks again, Don. Let me know if I can ever help you out.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
72 Super

Re: We need more good people like Dan Foust

Thats what its all about. You can get that here, but not really on Ebay. I've bought parts through both and feel alot more confortable here..
Ray
Old 11-15-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

And hats off to you WideSides for letting us know of a good dead that one of our members have done.. And to you Don Fouts ,,I just have to say " I would like to have you for a neighbor any time you decide to move.. you have just shown what a good guy you must be.. papa
Old 11-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Just goes to show ya, Chevy trucks make people good forever! ...except James Blanton.

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:03 PM   #5
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideside72 View Post
i have a guy in indiana (not on this forum) who has had my $105 for a tailgate since sept (ebay) and still no tail gate. That is what differentiates guys like don, a true gentleman and good person to have in your corner, versus thieving scum bags on the net! Thanks again, don. Let me know if i can ever help you out.
Hey...
I get to Indiana every few weeks. Get me the address and tell the guy that I will stop in to pick it up for you. Then I can get it shipped to you. Just a thought.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 11-15-2008 at 02:05 PM.
70cst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:32 PM   #6
WIDESIDE72

If worse comes to worse, I will take you up on the offer. Unfortunately, I paid this loser Rick Schwarte from Greendale IN. with a money order, so I cannot get my $ back through Screwbay. I did not know it, but apparently The loser was using his girlfriend's EBAY account. I mailed it to the name and address EBAY provided: Bobbie Flanagan in Cincinatti OH. Later he sends an email saying to send it to another address Rick Schwarte Greendale IN. . Too late, payment was already sent. Then I heard nothing for 2 wks. I kept calling the cell # I had til someone finally answered, she claims she is the guy's girlfriend's sister. She said that there was a nasty break up and her sister has a restraining order against him. I tell her I don't care about their white trash soap opera. She then gave me the guy's dad's (Richard) phone #. I have talked to both of them numerous times, and every time, I can hear the dad having to coerce "little Ricky" to talk to me. After several weeks of BS and promises, his dad calls me last Friday saying that he will ship it for me. That was a week ago. I just called and left a message requesting and update. Why are people such losers? I have had to resort to leaving numerous phone messages attacking their personal character in order to get a response! I almost wish they would tell me to go to hell so that I can have closure and move on to "alternative measures".
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #7
matthufham

i do too much stuff for free. but that's what friends are for
matthufham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #8
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

he's my brother (really) and he is truly a stand up guy and proudly serves this Country and God.

he mentioned to me not too long ago that he was getting you the headliner. glad you got it and it was what you wanted!!!

people like him really do make this world a better place.

Here's to you, big brother......

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:39 PM   #9
bigdon-70blazer

Wow! Glad to hear you got it! The trim only had one piece that was broken and so I guess the other stuff arrived without further breakage. I really want to thank you for the kind words. The old cheyenne was sitting in the scrap yard waiting to be crushed as they seem to be crushing everything these days. I hate to see this stuff get discarded if guys can use them so I posted and the rest is history. How did you like that rigged up packing? I work on the assumption that you ought to treat people better than the way you want to be treated and God will truly bless that. That is just being Christ-like which I strive to do. I am glad you got your blessing! Have fun! God has been so good to me so I am returning the favor!
bigdon-70blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:51 PM   #10
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Don... it's members like you, that stick out, even in a great forum like this one.
This is what rep points are made for!
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:21 AM   #11
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Awesome kindness dude...

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:26 PM   #12
100%Chevy

I've made some deals on this board and am very happy with the results.
Glad to hear someone get praised for their honesty and giving freely of their time for others.
Helps to re-inforce my own idea of the way I like to treat and be treated by people.
I will try to be more like this myself.
Mike.
100%Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #13
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

I have had the opportunity to speak with Don over the phone, and he truly is a stand up guy. Props Don!

Side note... I can't wait to make it by your house the next time I'm in town and check out your Blazer!

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:36 PM   #14
longhorn70gmc

It is always great to here about a fellow Board BROTHER or SISTER giving to help other Board Members. I also have had that privilege with member MVFD70. All I had to pay was shipping and it was on a front wheel 1/2 ton hub that isn't manufactured no more. My truck is still going strong because he was a giving, generous guy. It is always great to here these stories on our Board!!!!!
Respectfully

1970 GMC Sierra Grande 402/TH400
(Longhorn)14 years and counting rebuild!
1975 (Build) Chevrolet SWB 4X4 350 SB Lifted 6 inches
1970 Ford F250 Ranger 390 BB
2010 Ford Super Duty F250 XLT W/4 inch lift kit and Pro Comp Tires
Hub Cap Freak!
I need another truck like I need another hole in the head!
I'M IN THE MARKET...AS IT WERE!
longhorn70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:09 PM   #15
Cyclone44
Step Brother

Great job Don, It's people like you that make this a great place.....Thank you Sir....
Cyclone44 is offline   Reply With Quote