The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
MrTucker

Which S10 chassis swap kit is better: EZ or AD?

My eyes are blood shot from searching and I couldn't find the answer, so I'm starting a thread (hopefully there isn't one I didn't see).

I'm seriously considering the S10 swap. I have a '53 with a twisted up frame. I was planning on getting the frame fixed and getting an MII installed, but when I weigh the cost of the frame straightening and the MII install against the cost of the S10 swap (using a kit) it makes sense. Plus I worry about the integrity of the frame and want a good ride - the swap just makes sense.

So which kit is better - the EZ or the AD kit? The EZ kit is about the same cost as a cheap MII, and looks to be of MUCH better quality than the AD kit - according to what their respective websites show.

I know that making my own kit wouldn't be that difficult and would save me money, but I don't have the equipment to do this and I'm looking for ease of construction rather than doing a budget build. Come time to start this project I'll barely have a garage - much less all the equipment (probably skills too) needed for all the fab work. Pretty much looking for bolt on and go...

Anybody used either of these kits?

Last edited by MrTucker; 10-16-2009 at 09:41 PM.
MrTucker is offline   Reply With Quote