The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Thealien

A little progress finally

Had a chance to paint the frame and try out an oil pressure adater that someone made for me. Now that the frame is paintedI can reinstall the wiring, brake line clips, and run a new fuel line. Then the crossmember, transfer case and......

Yeah yeah I know, pictures!!

I'll eventually rebuild both axles and have them powdercoated so that is why I left them unpainted (could be years before I get to them?).

Here is the adapter I had made. I drilled 1/8 NPT where the X is for the original factory gauge. I wanted to keep the original oil pressure sendin unit for a couple of reasons. I may go with something like an
Aeroforce gauge
. And someday I may try to install a late model cluster and will ned that input for the gauge to work.

Maybe by this time next week I'll have the transfer case installed (if I ever get it back).

Thanks for looking
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: A little progress finally

Hey, frame looks good! you should be ready to stab the new powerplant soon. Nice looking adapter too!
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:21 AM   #3
Thealien

Thanks for looking. I'm proudly wearing a little POR15 today even though I wore gloves and thought I was carefull. Nose must have been itchy
Old 02-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
eagleuh1

Good progress. Thats a good idea on the adapter.
eagleuh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
Hart_Rod

Looks good! At this rate, you're probably going to have yours on the road before I have mine, .
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #6
Thealien

I had another good day today. Reinstalled all the brake and evap line clips, New wire clips and ran the wiring back to the rear. Ran the new 3/8ths fuel line from the filter regulator to the front where I will probably have some interference with the exhaust or something. I wanted to get it past the transmission transfer case crossmember which I also install along with the torque mount. And I didn't take pictures of any of that. I'll take some when the transfer case is in.

I did just about finish a new crossmember template and test fit it between the fram mounts. Looks promising.

Here is about where the crossmember should sit.

Here is where it would hit, about 2 1/2 inches below where I hope it should be.

Here is how much I have before the bumpstop, can't really read it but it's about 2 1/4 inches

I'm going to finish welding the template and see what a couple of local fabricators would charge me to make it up out of 1 1/2 inch heavy wall tube. I'll then install it on the engine, lower it into place and center it in the shroud and weld it to the plates that are bolted to the frame mounts.