The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
Z16

Wipers turn on when I turn right!?!?!

Bought a 95 S-10 a couple weeks ago. 4.3 5sp, ex cab 2wd LS. Nice truck with a ton of work done to it. First round body I've had, and first S truck in 12 years. Really missed having one. Happy to be back to ALL GM

Everything seems ok on it, but the wipers. They have suddenly decided to turn on by themselves, every time I turn right. They will make 5-10 swipes, and then shut off again. My guess is the combination switch. Anyone have anything to add or suggestions? No tilt in it. Thanks in advance.
98 GMC Sierra Ex Cab, cowl hood, Euro LED lights, 30 bar billet, Whipple Supercharged 350 Vortec: Forged flattops, E-Tec aluminum heads, Comp Cam, Scat crank and rods, Granatelli Mass air flow, Headers, Flowmaster exhaust , Complete MSD Ignition, Custom Tuning, intake spacer , ported throttle body, AC Delco port injection upgrade, Roller Rockers, Power Pulleys. Gear Vendors Overdrive. Soon to hit a dyno. 2/4 drop(for now).

95 Chevy S-10 Ex Cab 4.3 5 Speed 2/3 drop, Euro lights, billet grill, More to come. The Daily Driver

Last edited by Z16; 07-20-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Z16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
v8blaze

Re: Wipers turn on when I turn right!?!?!

all year s10s have that problem, its usually the wiper switch itself on the column. My first gen has done it on and off for the las 7 years. Ive heard replacing just the arm will stop it, and some say you need to replace the internal part in the column too. Personally i cant say which part is the fix, but its one of em
v8blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:43 AM   #3
Z16

Kinda what I thought. I seem to remember my 82 or 86 doing the same thing, but I wanted to confirm that the round bodies had the same problem. I've put a couple combination switches into the 98 full size, but that's for cruise and dimmer issues, never wipers.

Thanks for the help. I'm liking that Blazer, especially that 67-72 dash!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
v8blaze

Yea, mine has always done it, granted its a 90 with close to 300k on the body, so its expected since the steering column is one of the few not new things in it. But im never worried about it on mine, it doesnt do it often, so im not exactly sure as to what part does it.

and thanks, ive got some new pics of the blazer in my photobucket ill shoot you a pm with the link if you like.
v8blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
Z16

Ya, cool. pm me that link