The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
chillware

pre-bent brake lines suck, lesson learned.. Do it yourself!

Well I ordered a couple of sets of pre bent brake lines from Fine Lines. I got their 3 piece front line kit for power disc conversion, and the front to rear line kit. Both in stainless. About $170 total..

Well, unless I'm completely nuts, the front to rear lines makes absolutely no sense.. For one they are at least 15" or more too short and then they have a crazy 90 degree bend towards 'nowhere land'. See the pics below.. wtf is up w/ these lines? I double checked the part numbers on the package, invoice and website everything shows as correct for this truck.. makes no sense how they expect these to hook up.

As for the front line set, I am not completely happy with them either, while they look like they are bent *close* to correct, I don't think I can (or want to) use them.. they hit the headers and don't wrap around the frame exactly right. I'm sure I could mess with the bends and make them work, but I don't think it's worth it.

I am going to call Fine Lines later today and request to return all the lines and just bend my own. I'm hoping they wont give me any trouble. I'll follow up w/ the results.
Attached Images