The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-01-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
JORGIE95961

Cab corners? Not what you think

Si i know rusty cab corners is common. but mine dont nessecarily need to be replaced. .. no holes just moderate corossion... How the hel to i get the rust out so i can recoat them with something?. I was actually surprised there was no rust through. i pulled about 2 cups of crap outa both corners... washed out the dirt and now i wanna get the rust out . i did poke around to check for holes.... My other question is .. what is up with this design flaw. i mean . has anybody atempted to eliminate the pockets in the cab corners. i was thinkin bout covering up the crivice an a decent angle to where it would redirect any moisure. . throw some seam sealer around the seamd and cut out the bottom of the corner in cae any moisture got rtrapped.. For that matter . why dont they make rockers with a cutout so we can wash away all the crap that accumulates down there. i mean sure youd get crap in there but you could wash it out once a year ..... just a question gents
JORGIE95961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
stich626
Account Suspended

Re: Cab corners? Not what you think

it's the same with cars trunk drop offs,,
I'd clean it as best you can, drill a drain hole that you can't see untill you're under the truck and coat it with por15, then make a block off plate out of plastic and seal it off.
as far as a design flaw.. dirt only got there from lack of cleaning ..
stich626 is offline   Reply With Quote