The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
srvivor71

Brothers or Classic Parts

Hey guys! I have shopping carts ready to check out, with the exact same items at Brothers (http://www.brotherstrucks.com/) and at Classic Parts (http://www.classicparts.com/).

With basic shipping Brothers is $280.47 and Classic is $235.24.

I've dealt with Brother before and had no problem but never dealt with Classic. If you guys have had good or bad experiences with either, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

If you know of any promotional codes for either, that'd be cool too!
srvivor71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
rob32472

Re: Brothers or Classic Parts

I have had good luck with both..... save the 50 bucks and go with classic parts
rob32472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
trkfrk

Not sure what your ordering. I have found everyone uses different vendors to supply parts. They are both great suppliers just make sure your shopping apples to oranges.

1972 C10 SWB LS1/T56 6 speed trans/4:56 posi with 5.5"-7" static drop/Boss 338 Wheels 18"x20"

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=424609.

My first start up http://youtu.be/R899YQ1OcjU
trkfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
bcutt

I've always been happy with Classic Parts..

72 C10 SWB "Work in Progress"
bcutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
Hubscrub
Cruzin

nothing but good from classic parts, i had a damage on one of my last shipments, called them that afternoon and said no problem will have replacements send out and they did. I have a brothers catalog but haven't order anything yet. Classic also gets it to me fast here in tennessee being closer.

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
olskoolchevy

I think I've bought from Classic at some swap meets but I'm not sure. I've bought 2 things from Brothers, complete vent window assemblies and an outer grill shell for my 71 chevy. Both times they were back ordered for several weeks or more which wasn't a big deal since I was stationed in Iceland at the time and wouldn't be able to put them on until I got home on leave. But when I finally got home to install them, I was nothing less than disappointed. All the parts had multiple scratches in the finish that wouldn't buff out. And the outer grill shell had multiple fitment problems and I have all original front end. Should I have called and raised hell? Of course, but I was only on leave for a week and honestly, I never intend for mine to be a show truck. Just my .02. Good luck either way.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #7
jwbchevy502

Completed my entire build with parts from Classic Performance from a lowering kit, to disc brakke conversion kit (front and rear), misc chassis parts poer steering kit, and tild column and sterring parts - all fit, no issues with quality, questions or returns (when I screwed up ordering the wrong parts). All in all a great place to deal with. tell them you belong to this site and get a 10% discount.
jwbchevy502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
tow guys

Classic all the way! We have placed multiple orders with them and have never been disappointed with quality or shipping time
Posted via Mobile Device
tow guys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #9
srvivor71

Thanks all. Done deal. Just pressed the order button! Can't wait to get my stuff!
srvivor71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #10
Maxxd07

Never ordered with classic parts but my last order with brothers was not a good one. Backordered stuff for over a month and no one said boo until I asked about 2 weeks in via email. I was told that later that week they will have parts and I didn't get them for another 2+ weeks. I was going to call and tell them to forget about it but they showd up on the same day. So no more brothers for me. I do a lot with classic industries since about once a week they email some nice savings codes for online ordering and I have yet to have a problem with them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Couple 70s
One 68
Maxxd07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #11
VA72C10
VA72C10

I agree with classic industries....I have had backordered items but they let you know that before you even place the order. I have one part (seat covers) that's taken longer than I wanted....but overall the backorders have come quickly...and with the 20% coupons they sell monthly...I can't buy cheaper anywhere else. and quality has been good.

EDIT:
Quote:
I just want to mention I'm editing my post about classic industries because my last order (back in july) still hasn't completely arrived. I was notified up front of the backorder but a seat cover I ordered is four weeks past what they told me when I called to ask how long it would take and I almost lost the sale of a set of buckets. Prices were excellent with the 20% off coupon they gave me and shipping was free though (for all shipments)

Last edited by VA72C10; 08-14-2011 at 11:09 PM.
VA72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:24 PM   #12
flashed

Everything I have ever ordered from Brothers was NOT in stock and backordered and everything from Classic was in stock and shipped immediately .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:23 AM   #13
sanford66

Classic Parts all the way! In fact i'm getting ready to place an order with them later this morning. Great parts, fast shipping, the only problem is they don't have as much selection as some of the other vendors such as Classic Industries, or LMC. But what they do have is less costly than anybody else and the same quality. Joseph
1954 Delray 2-door sedan [rat rod project]
sanford66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:45 AM   #14
leddzepp

I ordered 72 Woodgrain inserts for my truck at the counter, well before the Brothers truck show, hoping to have them on my truck. I was told they were out of stock and would be about 2 weeks to come in. Did not happen. I called a week before the show, no dice, another "2 weeks" Show came and went. I called about a week later, was placed on hold, and then told about 2 weeks more. 2 weeks pass, no call, so I go down last week in person to see what's up. (I am thinking of Tom Hanks and "The Money Pit" at this point ) They call their supplier and then tell me it will be at least 3-4 MONTHS before they can get them. No biggie moneywise, I always do COD for this reason. What I gathered from this was there was never any call made to the supplier when I first inquired about their arrival, nor any call made after my subsequent phone check-ups. Only when I made another physical appearance did I get the straight answer. Would have been nice if they had told me that the day I ordered them. That being said, I have always received quality parts from Brothers when they are in stock.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:59 AM   #15
wwotr

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvivor71 View Post
Hey guys! I have shopping carts ready to check out, with the exact same items at Brothers (http://www.brotherstrucks.com/) and at Classic Parts (http://www.classicparts.com/).

With basic shipping Brothers is $280.47 and Classic is $235.24.

I've dealt with Brother before and had no problem but never dealt with Classic. If you guys have had good or bad experiences with either, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

If you know of any promotional codes for either, that'd be cool too!
I have NEVER had a problem with Brothers.
BOTH John and Jamie, have been EXTREMLEY HELPFUL in answering my questions and getting my Parts to my Door Step in record time.
Never had a problem with B/O's either.
I've been buying parts from them for over a year and a half.
Probably have spent about $2200.00 in that time.

I use them almost exclusivley!
back in November of 2011.
I don't visit the site much anymore,
but please feel free,
to drop me a private message.
RIP...."RATIKLE"
wwotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:22 AM   #16
bobs409
1969 Custom 30 wrecker

Classic parts all the way. Great service and prices and I've been a customer for a long time.

I've never dealt with Brothers because everytime I checked, they were more expensive on the parts I was looking at.

63 Impala 283/PG/3.36 (under restoration)
66 Impala 327/PG/3.36
66 Chevelle SS 409/M22/3.55
69 Chevelle 307/PG/3.08 (future restoration)
69 C10 short stepside 454/TH350/3.73
69 Custom 30 tow truck 350/4 spd/4.10 (resto done, CRUISIN TIME!)
71 Cheyenne 20 fleetside 350/4 spd/4.10
71 Chevelle 6/PG/3.08
72 Chevelle 454/M21/4.10
bobs409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #17
tazattitude

Thumbs down Brothers...

I'm having a terrible time with Brothers.
Made a purchase just to see how their service is. First off, no mention of back-order when I placed the order. Well, it's been 3 weeks later.

They said my parts would be in (they said according to the mfgr) Aug 3. Also I was told that my cc wouldn't be processed until the order was ready to ship which it is now processed, but it shows back-ordered on my shipping status the website.
I've emailed 3 times in the past week with no response (includes an email earlier today).

Found this post seeing if other members have had problems like this with Brothers.

If I ordered parts that were in stock, I'm sure they would have shipped it and I would have given them a thumbs up, but not a great impression on my first order from them.

Why is it that they advertise and sell items they don't even stock!!!!
At least have it on the website that "currently out of stock" if they don't have it!!!

Very frustrating!

BUILDS
1966 GMC Suburban

1963 GMC Suburban Patina frame-on FOR Sale

1966 C10 Short Bed (2010-11)
Monthly Updates

2015 C10 Pics with my '72 Montego GT 429/521 build

1963 Pro Street C10 back halved. Frame off I did back in 1990
Pics / Video
tazattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #18
zellway

I like them both. Had back order problems with Brothers. Not half as bad as CPP. I have a order that is yet to ship from back in 2010 for a rag joint. Might want to check into there shipping costs. I have found some will take you to the cleaners on that kinda stuff.
1970 C10 step Project Jiminy http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=682647
RUST!? Thats just mother natures way of telling all of us.....MINE!!!!
zellway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #19
longhorn70gmc

I have dealt with both and I recommend you save money anyway you can for more parts later, and most importantly and I can't say this enough............ ready........... Understand what you really are purchasing, because it will matter later on when the time comes to install it or you use the parts purchased. Example, ordering a replacement part for a 70 truck you just may get the authorized replacement for a 72 truck. Both vendors have treated me well, but it was too late by the time I figured out my Fuel tank was for a 70-72 authorized replacement at the dealers, so I didn't get the one that matched my original and I couldn't return it. I am still going to use it, but modifications most likely will be made. Just trying to be helpful and trying to save you more money in the long run. I research and research now until I am completely satisfied before I purchase new truck parts. Good luck with your purchases.

1970 GMC Sierra Grande 402/TH400
(Longhorn)14 years and counting rebuild!
1975 (Build) Chevrolet SWB 4X4 350 SB Lifted 6 inches
1970 Ford F250 Ranger 390 BB
2010 Ford Super Duty F250 XLT W/4 inch lift kit and Pro Comp Tires
Hub Cap Freak!
I need another truck like I need another hole in the head!
I'M IN THE MARKET...AS IT WERE!
longhorn70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #20
Ed 72 Sierra Grande

My 1st couple times at Brothers, Items that were in stock were no Problem.
Prior to their show which I wanted to attend after working on the truck for a year, I got put on hold with back ordered door handles, peep mirrors, and other misc items.

Called to follow up over the course of a month and was never impressed with the responses. It seemed quite normal to claim Back Order but really sensed that there was no sense of urgency when i asked questions. He did tell me they were negative -49 pairs of door handles but I never got a call to inform me. When I finally called to cancel my order, My door handles appeared and they just arrived "yesterday". What a coincidence.

Parts are decent when in stock but the Jury is still out.

Now with Classic
Great parts when in stock. Also took 3-4 weeks to get a green large hump carpet kit.

Verify parts are in stock before ordering. They all want your business
and they all seem to take an order regardless if in stock or not.
If you dont say anything about "needing it now" they will take your money and order and make you wait it out.

Both Good vendors with some service and supply weaknesses that can be improved, but I prefer this over no vendors.

Choose your battles!!!
402 bb / Camper
Stock, Loaded, Straight & Aged Nicely, No Tilt
Original Resto would be nice $
Ed 72 Sierra Grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #21
71meangreenc10
Its a Truck Thing......

Classic....I dont need to waste time with Brothers, I did try to order the one piece windows many many moons ago (before i heard how bad they were) and they were on back order for months....I cancelled my order.

Smitty
72 Chevy Blazer 4X4, Sloppy Jo, Mountain Climber. Wife says no more trucks. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=707378
72 GMC 1 Ton Motor Home, wife said no more trucks until she saw this one. Gen 3 6.0/4L80E 4.10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=761110
68 GMC Suburban was 3/4 ton, now 1/2.Wife shook her head
71 C30 Wrecker
71 C20 Scott-Bilt As weird as it gets..BB Cheyenne AC Truck
68 GMC Long Stepside. They keep following me home
71 C20 Longhorn/Ole Yellor
69 C30 Former Motor Home, Flat Bed time
71meangreenc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #22
John @ BROTHERS

tazattitude - PM sent
Ed 72 Sierra Grande - PM sent
John @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #23
John @ BROTHERS

I apologize to anyone who has had a less than satisfactory experience with Brothers. If you would like to discuss the issue further, I can be reached at "john@brotherstrucks.com", 800-977-2767 or just PM me.
John @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #24
hjewell2

Classic parts all the way. Had missing parts once and called, sent me the correct parts at no charge for the parts credit made to my visa. Of course the parts were under $25.00 that were missing. but still no BS and sent fast.
hjewell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #25
tazattitude

John @ BROTHERS
I have PM'd you back with all my order info.
TY

BUILDS
1966 GMC Suburban

1963 GMC Suburban Patina frame-on FOR Sale

1966 C10 Short Bed (2010-11)
Monthly Updates

2015 C10 Pics with my '72 Montego GT 429/521 build

1963 Pro Street C10 back halved. Frame off I did back in 1990
Pics / Video
tazattitude is offline   Reply With Quote