The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
Aaron3

1968/70 C20 Chev Amateur Hour Fix Up

I bought a C20 it has a 1968 cab, box, and chassis, with a 1970 front end body on it, it has been converted to propane, with a 350 engine in it. Has a 4 speed manual trany in it. PO had done a rebuild on it 12 years ago (cut out the rust and cleaned it up) i guess he was a welder by trade. the guy he had do the body work was not a pro and the bondo is cracking in a few places.

Things will be a little bit slow this winter on getting much done, as i'm up in Canada and my garageis not heated to work in.

My Plans are.
Get it to pass safety first.
Rebuild the 350 and get rid of the propane, get a few more ponies out of it for fun and still be able to drive it on weekends and camping trips with out going broke on fuel.
Switch the manual trany for a Turbo 400 or 700 (need some incite into if this is easily doable?)
move the Gas tank to the back between the frame
have it painted and fix up the interior, as well as doing some sound proofing.
new tires and rims, maybe drop it a couple inches (can you change the back hubs from a 8 bolt to 6 or 5 with out getting a whole new axle?)

Any help would be appreciated
Aaron3 is offline   Reply With Quote