The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #1
E911manager

Need help finding a Big back glass Conversion kit

I have read through a few posts that pointed to Scotts Classic Big Window for a conversion kit. I found the below web site but the kit is not listed on the eBay link that is on the web site. Does anyone know this guy and are they still available? I emailed him this morning but thought I would kick off a thread to see what people know.

http://www.classicbigwindow.com/home

If they are not available then is there someone else out there making such a thing?
Old 12-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
McCoyAZ

Re: Need help finding a Big back glass Conversion kit

I have an email from him and here it is:

Hi There, I have been swamped with orders and have made a list selling direct through PayPal. I've been selling the kit for $ 299 with free UPS Ground (signature delivery). You can reach me through the web site or (406) 781-1296. Thanks Scott
McCoyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
E911manager

OK, thanks, I will wait a little longer on his email and if not I will call him. Did you order one? I have read up on some posts and it appears you can cut it out and make some patch panels for the corners. But I am guessing that would take 2-4 hours per corner. Time is hard to come by so 299 is probably worth it.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #4
ol_skool_chevy

I would NOT use a kit. they dont look right. Just cut the Inner panel out of a Big window truck and weld it in yours. its not hard.

Built it yourself, don't count on others to to do it for you or with you. It will never get done
ol_skool_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
McCoyAZ

I did not order one.

I am looking for a donor truck wig window cab that I can use the inner panel or the whole cab from.
McCoyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
b2948kevin

E911, I exchanged an email with Scott a while ago and have been meaning to post his response. I like this option and will be ordering a kit in the future.

Hi Kevin, I have been slammed with orders since the May CCT Article. I am working on a kit right now and running about five weeks behind (had to start a list) but with this email and phone number you can always get in touch. I sell the Kit for $299 with free shipping in 48 ( It is always around $50 to $80 because of oversize). I like a one price deal. You get the custom panel, instructions, templates for initial cut, and screws to hold the panel while you perfect it for welding. I don't provide glass or gasket because you might get a better deal locally. When I'm caught up I put one on Ebay but I actually prefer Pay Pal ( I email description and request from them). I have sold the last 15 Kits through PayPal with no problems and it helps keep the cost down. Feel free to call or email with questions and thanks for your patience, Scott (406) 781-1296

I have express permission to post this with the caveat that "I may have to raise the price a little in the future (supplies and shipping keep going crazy)".
b2948kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #7
E911manager

ol skool, I hear ya and if I had one sitting there I would just redo the rust in the floors and use the entire cab.... There is a big back glass truck on Craigslist that is south of Dallas but that 5 hours from me.

Scott emailed me with the specifics so I will wait and decide a direction. But I am 45 days from painting the interior and start wiring so time makes a big difference. I would rather kit it then wait months for a BBW cab.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:47 AM   #8
sigshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by E911manager View Post
ol skool, I hear ya and if I had one sitting there I would just redo the rust in the floors and use the entire cab.... There is a big back glass truck on Craigslist that is south of Dallas but that 5 hours from me.

Scott emailed me with the specifics so I will wait and decide a direction. But I am 45 days from painting the interior and start wiring so time makes a big difference. I would rather kit it then wait months for a BBW cab.

There is a Big window cab at Tahlequah Salvage and one at Hog Creek Salvage, both here in Oklahoma. Both have the usual rust, both have the Glass still in the back. If you need Phone numbers let me know. I think they want around 300 for either cab
1964 long bed
1965 long bed Custom Cab, factory air, V-8, powerglide
sigshooter is offline   Reply With Quote