The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
giles70chevy

Look at this hood action!!!!

I came across this on youtube. The hood action is freakin' awesome!!

giles70chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
steverino66

Re: Look at this hood action!!!!

I probably agree with whatever those Danish guys said in the Youtube comments…
steverino66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
WAAF
Account Suspended

electro life hood hinges.. nice lights, one brake out and no reverse
WAAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
john_p

same thought, couple of grand on the hood and he can't get the tail lights fixed
john_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
giles70chevy

Yea, I noticed the tail light.......good time for a tail light to go out....right when you're pulling up in front of the judges!

It's still a nice "rolling pile of $" though
Old 12-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #6
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giles70chevy View Post
Yea, I noticed the tail light.......good time for a tail light to go out....right when you're pulling up in front of the judges!

It's still a nice "rolling pile of $" though
Its a very nice truck with a lot of cash dropped into it for sure,,, But no matter how nice or how perfect someone here will pick it apart. Will all the nice work on that truck they only see the tail light..... REALLY??????
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
shawno72
C/10 junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcsr View Post
Its a very nice truck with a lot of cash dropped into it for sure,,, But no matter how nice or how perfect someone here will pick it apart. Will all the nice work on that truck they only see the tail light..... REALLY??????
I couldn't agree more. Why do people always shoot something down for such an incidental thing like a tail light when there is way more coolness going on. Like my mama always said, "If you aint got nothing nice to say, don't say anything".

70 LWB C10 current driver/project
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=663051
68 SWB C10 Work in progress.....SOLD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559520
72 LWB C10 Sold
71 LWB C10 Sold
68 LWB C10 CST Sold

http://youtu.be/kbB0QrBIs9k

My mom always had the best advice. It was just a tad late. After a fall that involved blood, she'd say....."Careful!"
shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
giles70chevy

Like my dad always says, different strokes for different folks. And I figure if he earned his $, he can spend it how he wants to.

And just for the record, I looked at his other videos, and he fixed the tail light, so I'm still loving the hood action..........
Old 12-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #9
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Look at this hood action!!!!

I give him 2 thumbs up on the truck. It's very nice and it's even cooler knowing people in other countries think so to!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.

Last edited by Andy4639; 12-17-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:50 PM   #10
72BLUZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy4639 View Post
i give him 2 thumbs up on the truck. It's very nice and it's even cooler knowing people in other countries think so to!

i agree
Old 12-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #11
coops714x4

nice truck but not my cup of tea... I like how the guy pronounced the "AMERICAN" products ROFLMBO
2014 Street Glide Special
1983 K20 Big Block, auto (work horse)
coops714x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:56 PM   #12
jocko

Yes, nice truck and obviously a lot done to it. I like looking at trucks like this and trying to figure out the subtle mods (i.e. as opposed to the obvious ones...) that make it look just a little (not a lot) different... (even if I wouldn't build one like it, (and COULDN'T) it has some great craftsmanship.

Took me a while to figure what was different about the bed. At first thought it was the proportions, like its length was altered or something - but I THINK it's just that it's been moved closer to the cab. Looks nice and clean. At first glance, I thought it might be like this really rare thing (below) that I saw at the LA Roadsters this summer - it appears legit to me, and it had a constant crowd around it...
Attached Images

jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:27 AM   #13
coops714x4

jocko that's a blazer with a pickup cab put on it... look at the waves in the cab where it meets the bed floor.. I done one like that but it was a GMC
2014 Street Glide Special
1983 K20 Big Block, auto (work horse)
coops714x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:08 AM   #14
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawno72 View Post
I couldn't agree more. Why do people always shoot something down for such an incidental thing like a tail light when there is way more coolness going on. Like my mama always said, "If you aint got nothing nice to say, don't say anything".
What he said X 3...
Classic Bowties is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Hey! The right brake light works! Now there's a positive remark...right? I can see that after all the work to build that truck,careful transporting,and show prep detailing it would suck to pull up to the judges and have a blown brake light. I think that comment just came off wrong,especially after two prior comments on it. In all fairness,we tend to reply based on prior comments. I don't think Giles had anything negative to say.
That truck is as clean a build as they come. When those Swedes latch on to an American Icon they do it right! They kept the Panhead chopper alive and well for decades while Americans went in another direction. They evolved them into the high tech machines we see built in America today. They know how to nail "clean" over there.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #16
WAAF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Hey! The right brake light works! Now there's a positive remark...right? I can see that after all the work to build that truck,careful transporting,and show prep detailing it would suck to pull up to the judges and have a blown brake light. I think that comment just came off wrong,especially after two prior comments on it. In all fairness,we tend to reply based on prior comments. I don't think Giles had anything negative to say.
That truck is as clean a build as they come. When those Swedes latch on to an American Icon they do it right! They kept the Panhead chopper alive and well for decades while Americans went in another direction. They evolved them into the high tech machines we see built in America today. They know how to nail "clean" over there.
my comment wasn't to bash the truck in any way.. it's a nice truck.. much better than my bucket of bolts..
but HAVING SAID THAT. if I was going to post a video of my kool new automatic hood.. after seeing the lights out.. maybe a "TAKE 2,, ACTION!!

THE VID WAS SOMEONE HE'THEY knew, not a random guy posting a vid. that was a staged hood lift..
again the trucks great, just found it odd they didn't see/care and redo..
WAAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #17
AusTx68

That hood is Pimp! Overall a very nice truck indeed.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #18
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by coops714x4 View Post
jocko that's a blazer with a pickup cab put on it... look at the waves in the cab where it meets the bed floor.. I done one like that but it was a GMC
it may be coop, but it had crisp body lines that do not exist in either the blazer or a pickup (in other words, sure seems like a LOT of work to make something like this then go the extra mile to really, really work the paint consistency/blending on a patina job). I looked at this thing pretty closely, and if it's NOT original, it's the most convincing patina job I've ever seen. But you're right, it could certainly be done - the guy did an incredible job if it is fake (I'm not really seeing the waves in the cab near the floor, looks like the steps in the corrugated part of the bed, but sometimes I see what you're talkin about when I look at it too). Have seen this truck at a few shows and it always had a crowd of people scratching heads - and most were convinced in person it was real. It also has a lot of very old/original ("looking"?) paperwork with it...
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #19
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

For what it's worth......I speak forein languages and the guy in the video isn't even talking about the truck. He is saying that there is a special on danishes over at the concession stand!!! lol

....or as my 3 year old would say "contesson tand"
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #20
giles70chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
For what it's worth......I speak forein languages and the guy in the video isn't even talking about the truck. He is saying that there is a special on danishes over at the concession stand!!! lol

....or as my 3 year old would say "contesson tand"
OMG!!!!! I almost fell in the floor...........that was funny!!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 11:40 PM   #21
giles70chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Please believe me when I say I never meant anything negetive about any comments I made about this truck. I was just saying that it was unfortunate that they guy worked that hard and the stupid tail light went out. I love this truck and can only hope that mine turns out half as nice......my apologies if I cam across as an a$$
Old 12-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #22
special-K
Special Order

Thumbs up Re: Look at this hood action!!!!

Hey! Ain't you the guy who started this thread to show a video of some cool hood action on a truck you must have thought was pretty awesome? Ok,just making sure. Kinda figured you liked it and were giving it your thumbs up

I hope everyone can see I'm supporting you...in my own silly way

I mean,the title doesn't read,"Look at this burned out tail light!!!!",right?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #23
shawno72
C/10 junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Yes, nice truck and obviously a lot done to it. I like looking at trucks like this and trying to figure out the subtle mods (i.e. as opposed to the obvious ones...) that make it look just a little (not a lot) different... (even if I wouldn't build one like it, (and COULDN'T) it has some great craftsmanship.

Took me a while to figure what was different about the bed. At first thought it was the proportions, like its length was altered or something - but I THINK it's just that it's been moved closer to the cab. Looks nice and clean. At first glance, I thought it might be like this really rare thing (below) that I saw at the LA Roadsters this summer - it appears legit to me, and it had a constant crowd around it...
I think one thing to check would be to feel under the bed top rail and see if the stake posts have been welded up but then again if it's a blazer it would be factory that way anyway. Looks totally cool whether it's original or not. Definately nothing I have ever seen before.
Posted via Mobile Device

70 LWB C10 current driver/project
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=663051
68 SWB C10 Work in progress.....SOLD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559520
72 LWB C10 Sold
71 LWB C10 Sold
68 LWB C10 CST Sold

http://youtu.be/kbB0QrBIs9k

My mom always had the best advice. It was just a tad late. After a fall that involved blood, she'd say....."Careful!"
shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #24
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Cool truck.Has nice elements and the theme works since it all tied together.It's not quite what I would build but then I would drive mine.He's from a foreign country and probably has a lot of $$$ tied up just in getting parts shipped to him.In that case it would only get driven ocassionally(at least by me).The hood hinge setup is cool and shows a dedication to building a very nice,completely custom truck that is it's own signature.
That said,this probably would have been my dream truck 25 years ago before it could have been built.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote