The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-28-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
boofthese

1970 (insert project name here)

LOL hey guys, been browsing for a while and well, starting to take a crack at it.

Ive got a 70 swb c10, pretty rough, but i have time. Got it for $800, even came with a 87-95 gm 5.7 block and a th350 (most likely wont use the 5.7block as im gonna put a 6.0 out of a newer 2500 in the truck.

Heres the truck in its unholy glory:

The truck will, for the most part, be the same-ish color when its FINALLY done. Heres my old camaro, and the color the truck will be:

Anyways back to the story.

I recently picked up this donor cab for $50, it seems to be in better condition then mine....err uh aside from the uhh obvious ? lol

boofthese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #2
boofthese

Re: 1970 (insert project name here)

I will be asking ALOT of questions on body work for the most part, as the motor part im fairly familiar with already, but ive just never done A WHOLE lot of body work...

So ill start with this....

I work for a company and i can get sheet metal...quite a bit if i needed, from scraps at work, BIG sheets and little ones too. Im looking to do away with the rain rails. The rain rails on my donor cab have been cut off, thats fine, not really wanting them, but i put my little lincoln (lincoln 180, using flux right now, when i get a tank ill be switching to mig) on its lowest setting and im still burning right through the metal and can get a good tack in :/

When you butt (lol i said butt) up 2 corners whats the best way to get them to stick ?
boofthese is offline   Reply With Quote